What's new

I finally found them: dress boots!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Check out Allen Edmonds ... they make a good model (longbranch?) And if you can get seconds or a sale you may be happy.

The top of the line English "country dress boot" maker is Tricker's. The OP's boots look a lot like Tricker's, but just a little more affordable. There are other great makers who offer a more "dress-dress boot" version (sharper toe, less chunky sole, no storm well) like Alfred Sargent, Peel, and on up the ladder ...

Thank you kindly, Doc. I always keep your thoughts in very high regards.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There are other great makers who offer a more "dress-dress boot" version (sharper toe, less chunky sole, no storm well) like Alfred Sargent, Peel, and on up the ladder ...

Correction ... "Peel" ... I was thinking of Crockett & Jones, which is one of the shoemakers who make shoes for the Brooks Brothers "Peal & Co." label.

1604518237190.png

Nice looking dress boots. One question, the website says they are Natural Grain. Can I assume that means Top Grain?

Nice looking dress boots. One question, the website says they are Natural Grain. Can I assume that means Top Grain?
I believe that "natural grain" = "full grain". I couldn't find reference to "natural grain" with a quick Google search, but someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Give me some insight on the zipper + laces. Do you leave them tied and unzip? Do you do both? Do the zippers click together or rub holes in your pants? I just cannot seem to decide if I like the idea of a zipper or not.
The zipper is there so you can put on/take off the boot with ease. I haven't tried leaving them tied and then unzipping them. As far as I can tell, they haven't rubbed a hole in my pants. The boots themselves are quite comfortable. Longest time I wore them was probably about 10 hours in one day.
20201112_113530.jpg

I also have another pair of boots with the zipper feature:
20201112_114109.jpg

20201112_114056.jpg

Great looking boots! That zip must make for easy on/off. Other than chukkas, my boots need lacing and it on/off is a bit of work.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
It’s rain all day in the coastal mountains of southern British Columbia right now. Did some custom work on the boots, they’ll do since I‘m not going out on the town much lately.
2B809941-91EE-4F19-9B00-B24AB7E13DA5.jpeg

Top Bottom