What's new

I figured out a rotation strategy

I finally cleared a second hidden shelf in my closet to put my razors on.
This way I can take razors from one shelf and then store them on the other one after shaving.
This will ease the rotation strategy.
With my single hidden shelf, there were many mornings when I gave up looking for the razor I intended to use because I could just not find it.

I can't bring myself to having a fixed rotation. Everyday I basically pick whatever I feel like (often its the last one I honed). Although when I haven't used a razor for over 3-4 months I always fear the edge has deteriorated somehow (sometimes happens)...

P.S. since you've mentioned your shelves set-up, we may require to see some pictures :-D

I can't bring myself to having a fixed rotation. Everyday I basically pick whatever I feel like (often its the last one I honed).
That was my strategy too, but some razors never quite showed up unless I actively looked for them. Now it will still not be a fixed rotation, but a semi-random draw from the ones that have not had a turned yet.

Although when I haven't used a razor for over 3-4 months I always fear the edge has deteriorated somehow (sometimes happens)...
I have not had that issue, but I strop very thoroughly after shaving (100 on linen, 50 on leather)

P.S. since you've mentioned your shelves set-up, we may require to see some pictures :-D
I'll try, but since it is a hidden shelf inside a closet, there is not much light. When I want to get a specific razor, I typically need to use a flashlight.

That was my strategy too, but some razors never quite showed up unless I actively looked for them. Now it will still not be a fixed rotation, but a semi-random draw from the ones that have not had a turned yet.

Yeah that's a fair point, and not a bad idea. I may need to re-look at my shave-of-the-day-razor-selection strategy.

I'll try, but since it is a hidden shelf inside a closet, there is not much light. When I want to get a specific razor, I typically need to use a flashlight.

haha I guess that really fits with the definition of a man cave/shave den!

When pundi64 gave a bump to this old thread, that got me thinking that I have not finished that first rotation yet.
Getting close though, with less than a dozen to go, I think.
Luckily, the urge to buy razors seems to have stopped.

Top Bottom