What's new

I fell in love.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I called and Scheels won’t ship it. It’s probably a good thing, I’d catch A LOT of grief from my wife if I bought another pistol right now. Although for that pistol it might be worth it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I just don't want the .38 Super.

It’s hard enough trying to find ammo for my Springfield?

I get the advice “you need to start reloading!” And I probably should have done that very thing years ago. But attempting to gather the equipment and components now? Covid, politics, economy, recession, depression? In these times trying to build a decent reloading bench when I can’t even be sure of the future availability and price of primers much less the future availability and price of a gallon of gasoline?

Hell, @BigFoot we probably need to save our hard earned pennies for an electric vehicle before a Colt Gold Cup, because our gas guzzlers could be outlawed and taken from us at any moment.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I called and Scheels won’t ship it. It’s probably a good thing, I’d catch A LOT of grief from my wife if I bought another pistol right now. Although for that pistol it might be worth it.
If you drive down and get it, Adam I will let you sleep in the bed of my truck.

5C458B64-799F-44DD-98BD-68C6B33A4BFC.png

No .38 Super? How about this one? Ready right now….

Starline will sell you 500 pieces of 38 Super Comp brass for $108 or 1000 pieces for $184 (Yes, it is currently in stock). Everglades Ammo will sell you 500 121 grain jacketed hollow point bullets for $89 (currently in stock). The Super can be loaded with small pistol or small rifle primers. Half a dozen powders work well with the super. I know all this because I own two of them and am working on building number three.

If you handload, you can run the super at 9mm performance levels or .357 performance levels or just about anywhere in between. What's not to love?

Super comp brass is rimless and for all intents and purposes, has the same head size as a 9mm. Not being semi rimmed (like the standard Super), feeding issues are non existent.

The guys are right. Buy the gun and start reloading. Ten rounds of 357 performance in a 1911 handgun is nothing to poke fun at.

Bill

One other thing and I'll go away. Get bored with the super and you can have a 9mm barrel fit to the gun for not a lot of cash. One of my 1911 supers is a switch barrel and will accommodate 9mm, 38 Super, 9X23, and 22 TCM. All these cartridges function flawlessly in the same magazines. You can't run Super Comp in a 9mm magazine (it's about .1 inch too long), but in my guns, 9mm runs perfectly in Super magazines.

Top Bottom