What's new

I feel the need for .... smell.

I am a long time Proraso guy looking for a little variety. I purchased some samples of Edwin Jagger creams and though they make a nice rich cream the subtle fragrance of both samples was disappointing.
Call me stinky but i need some smell!!!
Any recommendations on a mid priced cream with a stronger fragrance?

I tend to prefer the stronger fragrances in colder weather. To me, New York Shaving Company's Old St. Patrick's is positively intoxicating, but I wouldn't want to use it in August. Captain's Choice North is another mid-price cream with a pretty robust, wintery scent. Going higher-end, Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood is great.

I've used a variety of shave creams, and currently rotate amongst the following: TOBS Eton College, TOBS Sandalwood, T&H 1805, T&H West Indies Lime, Trumper Lime. All of them smell great in the tub. However, that scent starts to dissipate when lathering them up in the bowl, and putting them on my face. The scent is pretty much gone by the time the shave is over.

I mention all of this because IMHO, you'll not get any shave cream to actually leave a fragrance on you when the shave is complete. So I would recommend choosing a shave cream by it's performance in slickness and protection during the shave. The scent is never going to stay around.

Wow,, lots of suggestions.. i'm gonna definitely try the more affordable ones.
Borderboss... i understand your point.. i think there are alot of good performers out there for slickness and protection.. i'd be sad to think none of them are long lasting but i see your point. Also,, i tend to rinse really well,, thats going to make it even more difficult, sigh ..

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Stone Cottage creams are some of the strongest scents I've encountered.

Although soaps (but very soft), PannaCrema Nuavia Blu scent sticks with you for hours after the shave and anything by L&L, eye watering scent strength.

TOBS creams are also usually strong in the scent department. My favorites are grapefruit (already mentioned), peppermint and rose. Peppermint is one of my all time favorite creams.

I am a long time Proraso guy looking for a little variety. I purchased some samples of Edwin Jagger creams and though they make a nice rich cream the subtle fragrance of both samples was disappointing.
Call me stinky but i need some smell!!!
Any recommendations on a mid priced cream with a stronger fragrance?
I generally dont use creams, I only own 2. That being said, Stone Cottage is the best no question. The only other creams I would put on my mug are Musgo and Penhaligon's. Pen's can be pricey but tubes can be found on eBay for about 20 if you can wait a week for shipping from Europe

P.S. while not called a cream, L&L is a cream in my book. It blows any cream out of the water. Not a subject of debate lol

Everything I listed you won't be searching for the scent

I don't know what types of smells you like but I'll have to 1+ the TOBS Grapefruit. The TOBS Sandalwood is pretty strong also.

Top Bottom