What's new

I emailed Barbasol asking if they could bring back Noxzema

If Barbasol started making canned Noxzema would you buy it?

• I might try it.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Are you kidding in a heartbeat.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No way I don't like canned cream.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now if they brought this back I would buy it in a minute. I used this for years.

1612967917032.png

Can someone tell me if barbasol can match most shaving creams in performance? I'm really curious because I can't buy barbasol here. The only canned goo I can get my hands on are gillette, tabac, denim. Needless to say, the gillette ones really suck. I don't know about the other two though.

Yes!

Those are the 400ml cans..I don't like this variant but tastes differ...wouldnt hurt to pick up
a can. The lather is really good for canned stuff.
Damn it, should have picked up a can. It's only $2 USD after conversion. Instead, I bought denim and godrej creams.

Can it match creams? And a stupid question: can I lather this with a brush??? Or do I just use hands???

From what I've been reading here it seems it's a good deal at just $2 USD.

However the last time I used canned foam was 4 years ago. I threw my last bottle of gillette foam away after I discovered shave creams. It made me feel so stupid to be a slave to canned gillette goo for my entire adult life. So I am sceptical of these sort of stuff.

They've also got denim canned foam (black and blue versions) for pretty cheap. Anyone has experience with these?

Use your hands to apply.

You cant compare this to topnotch creams, but as canned foam goes it's about at par with proraso
which is an excellent product.

Now if they brought this back I would buy it in a minute. I used this for years.

View attachment 1220992
took the words right out of my mouth !!...This is the real deal, although when I started shaving in 1963 the American glass jar of Noxzema Brushless Creme was already out of production, and it was probably fantastic......I don't remember the American tubes either , I used pucks all through the 60's - 90's....
noxz.jpg
nox.jpg

took the words right out of my mouth !!...This is the real deal, although when I started shaving in 1963 the American glass jar of Noxzema Brushless Creme was already out of production, and it was probably fantastic......I don't remember the American tubes either , I used pucks all through the 60's - 90's....View attachment 1221909View attachment 1221910
You want to sell me one of those white tubes. Where did you get those?

In Italy we also have Noxzema pre-shave cream and post-shave balm, both with Ialuronic acid and Vitamin E. Prices range between $4-7 depending on available offers
noxzema_cream.png
noxzema_balm.png

I've only seen the yellow tube in retail stores but probably they still produce the white AKA "Classic". The place where I currently live is a small town and even the yellow is a rare bird.
I went back to my store in CA where I bought my Marvel razor and they had it (canned white) on their website available. I ordered it and it was accepted!! Stay tuned.

I went back to my store in CA where I bought my Marvel razor and they had it (canned white) on their website available. I ordered it and it was accepted!! Stay tuned.

Ah, you are talking about the canned foam. I was talking about the shaving cream (Proraso style 150ml tube).
Here we have all the rainbow colors of Noxzema canned foam: white, yellow, red, blue, gold... :001_tongu

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ah, you are talking about the canned foam. I was talking about the shaving cream (Proraso style 150ml tube).
Here we have all the rainbow colors of Noxzema canned foam: white, yellow, red, blue, gold... :001_tongu
My friend you are looking pale in your avatar photo!

My friend you are looking pale in your avatar photo!

It's a marble bust with my features that was donated to me by this little village for carrying around the art of tilling the soil during my voyages all around the world. I don't wear moustache nor a soul patch and even the hair are quite different but I'm happy all the same. :laugh:

Top Bottom