What's new

I emailed Barbasol asking if they could bring back Noxzema

If Barbasol started making canned Noxzema would you buy it?

• I might try it.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Are you kidding in a heartbeat.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No way I don't like canned cream.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'm confused. I thought Noxema was their own company. Does one company own both the Noxema brand and Barbaol. Or did the canned cream line get sold to Barbasol?

It would be weird for Barbasol to bring out another brand of canned foam. I'm guessing you like it and think it's superior to Barbasol's own line or you wouldn't want them to produce it. I guess I just don't see it happening. The biggest difference in canned foam is the package IMO. Yes some are a little slicker and so on, but on the whole they are very similar.

I'm confused. I thought Noxema was their own company. Does one company own both the Noxema brand and Barbaol. Or did the canned cream line get sold to Barbasol?

It would be weird for Barbasol to bring out another brand of canned foam. I'm guessing you like it and think it's superior to Barbasol's own line or you wouldn't want them to produce it. I guess I just don't see it happening. The biggest difference in canned foam is the package IMO. Yes some are a little slicker and so on, but on the whole they are very similar.
It's been made in Canada by a 3rd party for years and no longer made there in a can. There's a version in Italy but they can't air mail aerosols. FYI what's left is going for BIG bucks on Ebay. This is a good short history.
Finding Noxzema Shave Cream, Changed But Still Good - BrandlandUSA

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had a red can of it a couple of years ago. I believe I got it at Walgreens. I think my daughter has since purloined it and used it as an ingredient in a batch of slime.

Actually I like the scent of the white. Very unique. Brings back memories.

kind of wished Colgate foam or puck in the states was back around maybe used it few times as a kid 20 years or so ago when i started shaving i know my grandpa used colgate soap back in the day he liked better than Williams

I have a can of Colgate hanging around after I stopped using it about 15 years ago.

Larry

image.jpg

It's been made in Canada by a 3rd party for years and no longer made there in a can. There's a version in Italy but they can't air mail aerosols. FYI what's left is going for BIG bucks on Ebay.

I've got some Made In Italy stock...400ml cans....when you say they're going for big bucks on eBay,
can you give me a benchmark? The ones I see seem priced pretty normal...Eg: $13.50 for 300ml

It's been made in Canada by a 3rd party for years and no longer made there in a can. There's a version in Italy but they can't air mail aerosols. FYI what's left is going for BIG bucks on Ebay. This is a good short history.
Finding Noxzema Shave Cream, Changed But Still Good - BrandlandUSA

In Italy the canned foam (quite popular and once one of my favorites) and the shaving cream are widely available.
proxy.php
proxy.php

The canned foam is priced at around $4 (10.4 oz) the shaving cream around $2 (5.2 0z, same as Proraso & Palmolive)

I've got some Made In Italy stock...400ml cans....when you say they're going for big bucks on eBay,
can you give me a benchmark? The ones I see seem priced pretty normal...Eg: $13.50 for 300ml
Check Ebay. BTW how is the Euro made foam? Any big deal?

I like the stuff in the white can (Classic) a lot....great scent (menthol and camphor) like
Proraso Green. Slick, nourishing and nice, fresh, tingly post-shave face feel.

The one in the yellow can (cocoa butter) I would avoid...didn't like it.
Good to know. I wish there were a way to get the Euro made menthol to the US. Besides flying there myself.

In Italy the canned foam (quite popular and once one of my favorites) and the shaving cream are widely available.
proxy.php
proxy.php

The canned foam is priced at around $4 (10.4 oz) the shaving cream around $2 (5.2 0z, same as Proraso & Palmolive)

The cream is amazing to use. Nice mild scnet and great lather.. available at Italian barber.

You have 400 ml while cans? Want to sell one?

Top Bottom