What's new

I don't understand Gillete's madness.

I've used the one from India, get's the job done.

There's also one sold in Russia/CIS countries (not certain if it's still being sold):

proxy.php
Maybe @ivan_101 knows if this version is still in production.

I have the KCG razor, it is a decent razor although very mild but in truth Gillette are trying to have their cake and eat it by hawking their expensive carts to those who'll pay for them and then trying to hawk DE as a cheaper way, or as more eco- friendly or whatever you want it to be. Now all they need to do is produce a de blade that only fits Gillette razors.
Gillette is just pushing that for trimming out those fashionable tape lines or what ever they call them on the 20 somethings. They say so on the advertising for the razor on the site.

I would argue that it's a bit of a chicken & egg problem, & that Gillette are largely responsible for the popularity of beards.

Modern multiblade cartridge razors tend to give users more razor burn & ingrowns than ever before.

In response, many people have stopped shaving & grown beards...

As more & more people grew beards, once it reached a tipping point, beards became mainstream.
The popularity of the beard comes and goes. They were popular in Victorian times and the swinging sixties. And now with Hipsters, it has nothing to do with Gillette.

Quite a few male celebrities sport beards of one type or another. Clint Eastwood was one of the first. Now men like Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, George Clooney, Samuel L Jackson and even Prince Harry display beards, along with many more. When folks like this make the lists of sexiest, most fashionable men, it is no wonder that others follow the trend.

Quite a few male celebrities sport beards of one type or another. Clint Eastwood was one of the first. Now men like Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, George Clooney, Samuel L Jackson and even Prince Harry display beards, along with many more. When folks like this make the lists of sexiest, most fashionable men, it is no wonder that others follow the trend.

But woke James Bond still doesn't care for the beard.

There have been many James Bonds. Although none had a beard, Sean Connery and David Niven did have mustaches.

Sean Connery did have a beard in the Indiana Jones movies.
George Lazenby shocked producers by attending the Bond premier in a beard.

There have been many James Bonds. Although none had a beard, Sean Connery and David Niven did have mustaches.

Sean Connery did have a beard in the Indiana Jones movies.
Pierce Brosnan's James Bond had a beard in Die Another Day, albeit briefly. It was after Bond was captured and tortured by the North Koreans. He shaved as soon as he checked into the hotel in Hong Kong, though.

Top Bottom