What's new

I don't need another razor!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
"Need" is such a silly word. We should really consider banning it from all usage. We are living, breathing creatures. "Desire" - now that's a good word.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
In fairness, I was in your boat. I had tried, and sold, 30+ razors in search of the one. I found it and was happy for a long time.

I still perused the DE forum, more for fun then anything else. Found a razor that sounded promising, and researched the heck out of it. Tons of research. Finally bought it reluctantly, and it has bested my favorite. A shave they is even more close, but much, much more comfortable.

Keep looking!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In fairness, I was in your boat. I had tried, and sold, 30+ razors in search of the one. I found it and was happy for a long time.

I still perused the DE forum, more for fun then anything else. Found a razor that sounded promising, and researched the heck out of it. Tons of research. Finally bought it reluctantly, and it has bested my favorite. A shave they is even more close, but much, much more comfortable.

Keep looking!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Which one did you settle in on, and what unseated it? Pics?

Definitely echo this (unless you are a fan of very mild razors). The .84 is a real step up in efficiency but still feels very smooth, and very nimble.

At $55 for a SS razor that some have said compares favorably with the shave quality of a Wolfman (lord knows which page of the shave off thread that was on), don’t think of it as RAD. Purchasing it would be totally rational. Not the result of a disorder of any kind. Really.
Can be compared to Razorock SLOC in terms of mildness?

Can be compared to Razorock SLOC in terms of mildness?
I think the SLOC is between the 68 and 84 in terms of efficiency, but I found the rigidity of both GCs to enable smoother shaves. The 84 is nearly perfect for me, and a permanent fixture in my den.

I think the SLOC is between the 68 and 84 in terms of efficiency
+1.

The Mamba was unusable to me. The .84 is worlds better and though still on the mild side works well as is. I double shim the Yaqi Mellon (which is the same head as the SLOC) and do a quarter turn on the handle (to achieve an effect similar to the PAA Ascension). Shimmed with a quarter turn, the Mellon works very well for me.

Top Bottom