What's new

I don't like . . .

Feathers, or Personna Reds. And for good measure, HATE Merkur blades (which nearly sent me back to cartridge razors).

Love love love Atsras and Dorco's.

Flack Jacket on! Let the rain begin.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Remember.......you asked for it.....ONLY DORKS LIKE DORCOS!!!!!!!
And Bob Dylan's mom dresses him funny.:2guns:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
PS.....
My brother named his first born after Bob Dylan, and his middle name is my middle name. So remember that I love Bob Dylan's music.....but his mom DOES dress him funny......and you may or may not be a dork.

...HATE Merkur blades (which nearly sent me back to cartridge razors).
A Merkur blade was my very 1st blade when making the switch to DE shaving (because it came with the razor). I chocked up the horrible shave to just starting out and lousy technique. I was rescued by an Astra SP blade my son gave me. I've since tried Merkur blades again, and they're not as bad as I remember (not good for me but not as horrible as at the beginning). :001_unsur

A Merkur blade was my very 1st blade when making the switch to DE shaving (because it came with the razor). I chocked up the horrible shave to just starting out and lousy technique. I was rescued by an Astra SP blade my son gave me. I've since tried Merkur blades again, and they're not as bad as I remember (not good for me but not as horrible as at the beginning). :001_unsur

Had the exact same experience. Nearly stopped me from moving from the dark side!

After FarmerTan's response, there really isn't anything I can add to this discussion.
Agreed, can't top that!! :a14:

No comment on being a Dork, but nothing beats a Dorco in an aggressive razor like the Futur. And according to his memoirs, Dylan wrote Blood on the Tracks after shaving with a Merkur blade.

A member here at B and B is sending me a few Dorco razor blades.

I think he was sending along the STP-301's. He claimed they were sharper than Feathers, and interestingly enough, pointed out that his first shave with them resulted in four nicks. Not sure that that would be my benchmark for a blade that works. I never tried them, but I am a big fan of the ST-301's in an aggressive razor. Aggressive razor/mild blade, and mild razor/aggressive blade, pairings work for me.

I think he was sending along the STP-301's. He claimed they were sharper than Feathers, and interestingly enough, pointed out that his first shave with them resulted in four nicks. Not sure that that would be my benchmark for a blade that works. I never tried them, but I am a big fan of the ST-301's in an aggressive razor. Aggressive razor/mild blade, and mild razor/aggressive blade, pairings work for me.[/QUOTE

I rarely knick myself when shaving even with a Feather! Just revealed that truth to show how sharp they are! As I offered before, I can send you some for free or you can continue to discount my thread or discount my name any chance given. Up to you!

I think he was sending along the STP-301's. He claimed they were sharper than Feathers, and interestingly enough, pointed out that his first shave with them resulted in four nicks. Not sure that that would be my benchmark for a blade that works. I never tried them, but I am a big fan of the ST-301's in an aggressive razor. Aggressive razor/mild blade, and mild razor/aggressive blade, pairings work for me.

I do have plenty of blades that were my benchmark! Med Preps, GSB's, Feather's, Kai's, Astra SP's, etc. Thise are my bulk purchases and not the random five packs I have lying around. Persona Red, 7'oclock black, Gillette platinum, polsilver, Sputnik, etc. I can keep going.

I am proud to be a card carrying Dork member.! The Merkur blade as well as Polsilver gave me a bad case of Road Rash on my face. The Personna Red is much better for me & the Personna Lab Blue is a decent blade as well. As usual YMMV.

Top Bottom