What's new

I dont like when barbers spin the chair around and we face the back wall

I thought they spun us around because the clippers cord was not long enough. However it does nit seem to be the case in most situations. I like to look in the mirror, see the progress and if there is something I would like done, i can politely say something. What reasons do they spin so many customers around in the chair? I have seen at times they want to talk to another customer who is waiting in their shop as well.

Barbers where I go only spin you around to recline you for a hair wash as the sinks are in front.
There is no need to spin you around otherwise.

i guess i'm lucky, the barber that i go to doesn't spin the chair because all of his clippers are wireless.

No matter what you tell a barber here, you get the same cut as every other fellar that plops in his chair. I cut my own hair, and unlike the hokey pokey, I do not spin myself around....
I did however like the feel and scent of the barber shop, so I buy plenty of clubman products. Problem solved

No spinning around
Washing is a separate station
All barbers are female.... or more appropriate hairdressers no shave though

I don't want to get all technical here but, put yourself in the barber’s shoes, the chairs are designed purposely to spin so the barber is placed on his position optimally to reach his tools and get every angle of your head without walking miles on place, remember, you are not the only costumer, ergonomics.

I am also bias, I love the spin! and being able to engage in the conversation happening on the back, another reason to love barbershops!

Aside from a good work triangle, it also affords the barber the best lighting to cut by, and you the customer are presented with the closer mirror to better view the completed work.

Top Bottom