What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

I don't like red colored aftershaves.

There, I said it. Doesn't matter if I like the scent, the red color will kill it for me. Green, clear, cognac, scotch, even gewurztraminer colors work for me. But not red. I don't like red colored aftershave. Maybe because it reminds me of Robitussin.

I am with the other three respondents--what aftershave is red in color? The only one I can think of is Master Musk. It is divine, also rare as the dodo bird.

Most ordinary brands when mixed with blood. :facep:
Total LOL on that one! Nicely done!

The only 'red' aftershave I have used in the past was Brut Dominant...but even that was mostly the bottle color I think, with just a tinge of red in the actual AS.

emwolf

Contributor
I've splashed Pinaud Eau De Quinine on as an aftershave.
View attachment 1070669
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I've been intrigued about the reviews for Eau De Quinine and Portugal, both hair tonics. I'm a head and face shaver, but those are about the only two Clubman scents I've never tried. Would they be worth picking up to use as an aftershave, or, as a hair dressing, are they too greasy?

I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I've been intrigued about the reviews for Eau De Quinine and Portugal, both hair tonics. I'm a head and face shaver, but those are about the only two Clubman scents I've never tried. Would they be worth picking up to use as an aftershave, or, as a hair dressing, are they too greasy?
Portugal is clear and has a citrus/cologne scent like Florida water
I haven’t tried Quinine but it is sold as a hair tonic to cover graying hair so I guess there is a colorant in it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ambassador
Man, I'll never give up Myrsol Plastic! Most unique aftershave of them all.

Had a bottle of "Portugal," can't find it! But with added glycerin, was a decent AS.

AA

Last edited:

emwolf

Contributor
Well, pulled the trigger and ordered Eau de Quinine and Portugal. Really like Portugal, but it lasts less than 5 minutes! The jury is out on Quinine but I'll try a larger test this weekend and see how it goes.

Top Bottom