What's new

I don't like red colored aftershaves.

There, I said it. Doesn't matter if I like the scent, the red color will kill it for me. Green, clear, cognac, scotch, even gewurztraminer colors work for me. But not red. I don't like red colored aftershave. Maybe because it reminds me of Robitussin.

I am with the other three respondents--what aftershave is red in color? The only one I can think of is Master Musk. It is divine, also rare as the dodo bird.

I've splashed Pinaud Eau De Quinine on as an aftershave.
Pinaud Eau De Quinine.jpg

Most ordinary brands when mixed with blood. :facep:
Total LOL on that one! Nicely done!

The only 'red' aftershave I have used in the past was Brut Dominant...but even that was mostly the bottle color I think, with just a tinge of red in the actual AS.

I've splashed Pinaud Eau De Quinine on as an aftershave.
View attachment 1070669
I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I've been intrigued about the reviews for Eau De Quinine and Portugal, both hair tonics. I'm a head and face shaver, but those are about the only two Clubman scents I've never tried. Would they be worth picking up to use as an aftershave, or, as a hair dressing, are they too greasy?

I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I've been intrigued about the reviews for Eau De Quinine and Portugal, both hair tonics. I'm a head and face shaver, but those are about the only two Clubman scents I've never tried. Would they be worth picking up to use as an aftershave, or, as a hair dressing, are they too greasy?
Portugal is clear and has a citrus/cologne scent like Florida water
I haven’t tried Quinine but it is sold as a hair tonic to cover graying hair so I guess there is a colorant in it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Man, I'll never give up Myrsol Plastic! Most unique aftershave of them all.

Had a bottle of "Portugal," can't find it! But with added glycerin, was a decent AS.

AA

Last edited:
Well, pulled the trigger and ordered Eau de Quinine and Portugal. Really like Portugal, but it lasts less than 5 minutes! The jury is out on Quinine but I'll try a larger test this weekend and see how it goes.

Top Bottom