What's new

I don't get excited about an expensive razor that shaves well. I get excited about a $50 razors that shave great!

I normally use one of two vintage Gillette razors that I bought from Back Roads Gold for admittedly more than $50 each. However living in Arkansas I'm a huge Stirling fan and have to say I love this razor that is well under $50.

Last edited:
So when I started shaving with the R41 ( I since upgraded to the stainless version) I got the head for $25.00 and the handle for $20.00.

Attachments

• 20210906_125029.jpg
    20210906_125029.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
I'm with @Sweeney_ , the Lupo is one of my best performer for around $70. I have the 95 and it shaves almost as well as my $100-200 favorites. They certainly aren't twice as good.....but I do love them regardless. If I only had my Lupo 95 I could manage excellent daily shaves and be a happy camper.

Some others that are great for even less are my pre war Tech and Aristocrat.....I just don't use them very often for some reason.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Eventually.. in 6 months or whenever I end up getting an email from Tara at Wolfman and order my Darwin handle... I'll have three Claymore Evolutions, each with a different handle. I'm set for razors until I leave this planet.

Don't worry, I'll buy other things along the way.

I don't spend big money on razors, but have been generously gifted three amazing razors. One is a Rockwell 6S. My wife tried it and very much liked it. I would spend several times on her than I would ever spend on me, so I am just waiting for the top cap to arrive so she will have her new razor.

What handle is that? Love the look and it looks grippy!

That's a Windrose titanium. Weighs in at 39g, for a total razor weight of 67g,
84mm length, 13mm diameter, M5x0.8 threads. UK seller on fleabay. He sells versions in SS, Aluminum and Ti with different styles and diameters. For me it's perfect so I eventually grabbed another for my Wolfman wr1 head.

This is after the baseplate was copper plated. Turned out nice... love my Lupo😍

20220613_162911.jpg

Last edited:
Any WCS razors favored here?
I have one of their basic closed-comb chrome-plated cast metal heads. It is a nice mild-to-medium razor that's sort of a clone of the Edwin Jagger DE89/Mühle R89 design. It's inexpensive and performs well for its price point.

Another inexpensive option to consider are the Maggards cast metal heads. The mild head design is more like a Gillette tech, but the medium is a design more like the DE89/R89 but slightly more aggressive. I have both of those and I think they perform better than their price would suggest.

That's a Windrose titanium. Weighs in at 39g, for a total razor weight of 67g,
84mm length, 13mm diameter, M5x0.8 threads. UK seller on fleabay. He sells versions in SS, Aluminum and Ti with different styles and diameters. For me it's perfect so I eventually grabbed another for my Wolfman wr1 head.

This is after the baseplate was copper plated. Turned out nice... love my Lupo😍

View attachment 1471746
Unique and beautiful. Enjoy!

My Schick Injectors, Greencult, Razorine Flatboy and YaQi Tile head with a Flatboy handle (I have them both, got 1 free with the razor).

Do you enjoy shaving with the Flatboy? That one has perked my interest. Brass head and SS handle, made in Italy for 42 bucks. Like I need another razor. Haha, slap me somebody.

Top Bottom