What's new

i dont care its still one of the best ..

Palmolive stick that is I have just finished another stick this one lasted me over 4 months of daily shaves .
I have found that if I cut the stick and place it in the bottom of my old spice mug and then lather a bit in the mug.
and the rest on my face I get to use just the right amount of soap and water mix with no wastage .
what a underated soap at .75p or .92 0f a dollar can you give me another soap that matches up with the same
slickness and same usage . I think you would have to look hard . yes you have arko and you have derby sticks but to me they both smell to medical .
just my thoughts you are free to have your own .

Williams Mug Soap works well for me. Haven't tried Palmolive, but it sounds like they have comparable value.

Williams Mug Soap works well for me. Haven't tried Palmolive, but it sounds like they have comparable value.
sorry garry but I couldn't get on with Williams found it hard to get the right lather and when I got close found it didn't last long on the face for me it was a bit hit and miss .

sorry garry but I couldn't get on with Williams found it hard to get the right lather and when I got close found it didn't last long on the face for me it was a bit hit and miss.

I have the same problem when I use a boarhair brush. A soft horsehair brush works well for me.

Palmolive stick that is I have just finished another stick this one lasted me over 4 months of daily shaves .
I have found that if I cut the stick and place it in the bottom of my old spice mug and then lather a bit in the mug.
and the rest on my face I get to use just the right amount of soap and water mix with no wastage .
what a underated soap at .75p or .92 0f a dollar can you give me another soap that matches up with the same
slickness and same usage . I think you would have to look hard . yes you have arko and you have derby sticks but to me they both smell to medical .
just my thoughts you are free to have your own .

Tough to beat the value for $ proposition with Palmolive sticks!

I have some Palmolive shave sticks in route right now.

I'm curious to see how they will compare to my Arko and Derby sticks.

I think it's been some of your posts as well as the research on this forum. That has peaked my interest in trying this soap.

It seems to have a following for being a solid performing product at a great price.

I guess my biggest concern for having to wait so long to try it was that I would get a reaction from Palmolive cream. It was a real bummer for me. I liked the scent a lot and I got a better shave than any other tubed cream I had tried up to that point. It just gave me an itchy poison ivy like rash for the next 3 hours. After 3 Times I had to give up on it.

Does the soap smell anything like the cream?

I have some Palmolive shave sticks in route right now.

I'm curious to see how they will compare to my Arko and Derby sticks.

I think it's been some of your posts as well as the research on this forum. That has peaked my interest in trying this soap.

It seems to have a following for being a solid performing product at a great price.

I guess my biggest concern for having to wait so long to try it was that I would get a reaction from Palmolive cream. It was a real bummer for me. I liked the scent a lot and I got a better shave than any other tubed cream I had tried up to that point. It just gave me an itchy poison ivy like rash for the next 3 hours. After 3 Times I had to give up on it.

Does the soap smell anything like the cream?

cant realy coment on the smell between stick and cream as I have only used the cream once or twice a wile ago but the stick is your nice soapy smell . just needs a good drink of water in the lather .

cant realy coment on the smell between stick and cream as I have only used the cream once or twice a wile ago but the stick is your nice soapy smell . just needs a good drink of water in the lather .

I recall the cream having a soapy fougere scent that I liked. It may be considered an older scent. But it's one I enjoyed. I also have Palmolive bar soap and like it's scent. So I'm guessing that I won't have any issues with the scent and will most likely prefer it to Arko or Derby's scent.

Thanks for the pointer about using plenty of water. I'll lather it like my Turkish shave sticks. When I first try it.

I’ve been using my Palmolive stick (grated In a tub) for most of the week. I like it a lot . Ordered a few more sticks off the auction site to put away. I hadn’t used it in years and forgot how good it was in terms for value for money.

There are other soaps I have that I like better or smell better . But I doubt anything else beats it in the price /performance area . Plus it reminds me of my dad who used Palmolive exclusively .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
One of my two favourite soaps. I went away for a few days recently, and just took a small slice in a small screw top pot as part of my fairly miminalist travel kit. So easy to face lather, and great results every time.

IMG_20190925_205836.jpg

I also have a tub with a grated stick in at home, as a standby in case the current soap I'm using isn't up to the job should I fancy the occasional shavette or straight shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Palmolive Shave Sticks are fantastic value for money soaps. I like it a lot. The trouble is fitting it into a rotation with so many other great cheap soaps.

One of my two favourite soaps. I went away for a few days recently, and just took a small slice in a small screw top pot as part of my fairly miminalist travel kit. So easy to face lather, and great results every time.

View attachment 1023515

I also have a tub with a grated stick in at home, as a standby in case the current soap I'm using isn't up to the job should I fancy the occasional shavette or straight shave.

Hi chap can I just ask what razor that is looks a neat little thing .

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Hi chap can I just ask what razor that is looks a neat little thing .

Merkur 985. A great little travel razor. It's their regular OC head on a little two piece handle. Great for dropping in your pocket with a travel toothbrush for a quick overnight stay when you don't need to pack a bag.

Merkur 985. A great little travel razor. It's their regular OC head on a little two piece handle. Great for dropping in your pocket with a travel toothbrush for a quick overnight stay when you don't need to pack a bag.
ta so all I realy need is to find a 2 piece handle that will fit my Rockwell and im away .

I used a Palmolive stick after many years and it was brilliant!
It lathers up a lot like Speick stick so that's a huge plus in my book!

The scent is subtle, pleasant and non-obtrusive.

Great soap overall. I've asked my sis in law to order ten sticks for me from Amazon UK.

Top Bottom