What's new

I do believe I now have my R.A.D. under control!

Hi all,

I do believe I'm getting better control of my (out of control) R.A.D. as today, I did NOT buy/passed up a handful of Razors. My now having collected over one hundred Razors (since the last week of March) I can now afford to be a LOT more "picky" about what I buy. That being said, check out this ULTRA COOL vintage "Skin Bracer Light Bulb Aftershave bottle" I purchased today! The bottle was empty when purchased so (after cleaning the bottle) I carefully poured in the "Skin Bracer" Aftershave (from it's plastic bottle) which I just happened to own. Oooh, the Blue colored BASS bottle is an item that I purchased a couple of weekends ago just because, I thought it too cool. I guess it was a good pick as I just had confirmed that this BASS bottle is a "hand blown" bottle! So, I now just need to find a small Cork/stopper for this BASS bottle so as to keep more Aftershave out of plastic! Ooh, the Razor in the photograph is my Gillette 1941 Ranger TECH (made only one year 1941).

proxy.php

SixCats!

Oooh, might anyone know when this Mennen Skin Bracer "Light Bulb" bottle was issued/released ?

Thanks.

SixCats!

Hi all,

I do believe I'm getting better control of my (out of control) R.A.D. as today, I did NOT buy/passed up a handful of Razors. My now having collected over one hundred Razors (since the last week of March) I can now afford to be a LOT more "picky" about what I buy. That being said, check out this ULTRA COOL vintage "Skin Bracer Light Bulb Aftershave bottle" I purchased today! The bottle was empty when purchased so (after cleaning the bottle) I carefully poured in the "Skin Bracer" Aftershave (from it's plastic bottle) which I just happened to own. Oooh, the Blue colored BASS bottle is an item that I purchased a couple of weekends ago just because, I thought it too cool. I guess it was a good pick as I just had confirmed that this BASS bottle is a "hand blown" bottle! So, I now just need to find a small Cork/stopper for this BASS bottle so as to keep more Aftershave out of plastic! Ooh, the Razor in the photograph is my Gillette 1941 Ranger TECH (made only one year 1941).

proxy.php

SixCats!
Under control, eh?
And only 15 minutes later you were announcing a new "quest" to find an Avon Tribute bottle!
(there is none so blind as those that will not see)
Apparently, you have not yet reached the "acceptance" stage.
I wish you well on your journey my friend.
ps. I could offer you a cork, but I would just be enabling.

Hi @razorboi, LOL.

Well Sir, the way I figure, "Fragrances" are not Razors! lol.
Oooh, I have (or once had) it REALLY BAD collecting Fragrances. I've been a long time member
of Basenotes.net (since 2002 if memory serves). I've owned/have/sampled hundreds and hundreds of Fragrances/Colognes/Perfumes/Attar Oils/etc. It has taken me years to "get a grip" on buying (especially)
"Niche" Fragrances. I've have owned Fragrances from the likes of : CREED, SANTA MARIA NOVELLA, L'ARTISAN, DIPTYQUE, CHRISTIAN DIOR, CARON, MARLOU, SERGE LUTENS, GUERLAIN, L'OCCITANE, BOGART, MPG, etc. and so many more, it's mental!

SixCats!

Hi @Ad Astra,

Oooh, thank you my friend! I don't often buy bottles however (especially) my being a "Fragrance Head",
I couldn't pass up this collectible "Skin Bracer" Bulb bottle. Ummmm, now that I think of it, this is the third bottle I've purchased in the last couple of weeks. Uh oh.....
upload_2019-6-26_5-51-12.png

SixCats!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hi @Ad Astra,

Oooh, thank you my friend! I don't often buy bottles however (especially) my being a "Fragrance Head",
I couldn't pass up this collectible "Skin Bracer" Bulb bottle. Ummmm, now that I think of it, this is the third bottle I've purchased in the last couple of weeks. Uh oh..... View attachment 993953

SixCats!

I saw that antique Veg bottle. Supposedly it smelled much better then ... the Veg today is certainly an olfactory trip!

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
There is nothing wrong with collecting bottles. It just depends what is in them.

Hey @SixCats! where do you store all this stuff? Massive bathroom? Do you have it displayed? Would be cool to see all of that stuff laid out. Always enjoy your finds!

I hope you truly have your RAD under control, as you declared. Nothing wrong with RAD, but you seem to want to stop for a while. I wish you well.

Hi @Macduff, @dmshaver,

Mac, I sort of have "stuff" scattered all about lol. I don't have it displayed per se. I should take a crazy photographs of all the Shaving related "ITEMS" I purchased in the last three months. Yikes! It's a LOT of stuff! Thanks dmshaver, like I mentioned, now that I have collected over one hundred Razors, I can now be waaaaay more "picky" as to condition/price/etc. Yesterday, I turned down a small "lot" of Razors because the price (as well as condition) was not good. Sure, there were a couple/few Razors that MIGHT of cleaned up OK but still, too rich for my Blood for what was being offered. I'd rather hold onto my "play" money in case something REALLY good/unique/rare come along rather than continue to purchase "also ran/everday" Razors which I have more than I need. I am however discovering I can still have fun buying some (low cost) Razors and/or Shaving related items (such as that Classic "Skin Bracer" Light Bulb Aftershave bottle. Today, I purchased another mini Gillette Travel Razor only because it was so inexpensive
(and in good condition). Looks like the one in this (borrowed photograph)
proxy.php

SixCats!

Hi @razorboi, LOL.

Well Sir, the way I figure, "Fragrances" are not Razors!

SixCats!
Oh well, SixCats...You keep telling yourself that.
Now, repeat after me:
"Fragrances are not razors."
"Colognes are not After-Shaves."
"Novelty decanters are not regular bottles."
"Straights are not D.E's."
"D.E's are not carts."
"Soaps are not creams."
"I'm fully in control."
"I can stop whenever I want!"

Hi @razorboi , @Jim99,

Ooh Man, you Guy are killing me! raz, I only purchased ONE little Gillette Travel Razor today. Did I need it ?
Noooooo. However, it WAS sort of "Shinny" (and in quite good condition) and.....it only cost me only two dollars!
Jim, I'd sure love to know the "back story" on the photograph you posted.

SixCats!

Hi @razorboi , @Jim99,

Ooh Man, you Guy are killing me! raz, I only purchased ONE little Gillette Travel Razor today. Did I need it ?
Noooooo. However, it WAS sort of "Shinny" (and in quite good condition) and.....it only cost me only two dollars!
Jim, I'd sure love to know the "back story" on the photograph you posted.

SixCats!
@SixCats! , I guess you haven’t seen my den yet.
:001_cool:

I do believe I'm getting better control of my (out of control) R.A.D. as today, I did NOT buy/passed up a handful of Razors. My now having collected over one hundred Razors (since the last week of March) I can now afford to be a LOT more "picky" about what I buy.

Ooh, the Razor in the photograph is my Gillette 1941 Ranger TECH (made only one year 1941).

proxy.php

True, the 1941 Ranger tech was (made only one year 1941). However, the much rarer 1946 Ranger Tech was made in another year......

proxy.php

True, the 1941 Ranger tech was (made only one year 1941). However, the much rarer 1946 Ranger Tech was made in another year......
I do believe, Lancre, that you have horns, and are sitting on SixCat's left shoulder right now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom