What's new

I did it!

Thank you very much Gentlemen :blushing:

I don't think I had taken the step without the encouragement in my question thread, but today I'm very happy I did :biggrin1:

I asked a question here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=188303

and I got some much appreciated feedback and opinions.

Before
proxy.php

Final
proxy.php

The inaugural shave will be performed this coming weekend :biggrin1:

Bah, what'd ya go and do that for , it looked so much better before you restored it.......... ( only joking, excellent job. Restored to it's full glory ready for use !! :thumbup: )

P

Pjotr

What did the loft end up at? I'll be doing one shortly and that knot looks really nice.

Bah, what'd ya go and do that for , it looked so much better before you restored it.......... ( only joking, excellent job. Restored to it's full glory ready for use !! :thumbup: )

Exactly what I was afraid off, although I'm not sure I agree.
But just in case I do, would you care to take it off my hands then? :001_tt2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What did the loft end up at? I'll be doing one shortly and that knot looks really nice.

It ended up at 50.5 mm, which for me is the perfect height for a brush this size.
Just test lathered it, and... :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

Exactly what I was afraid off, although I'm not sure I agree.
But just in case I do, would you care to take it off my hands then? :001_tt2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will :thumbup:

And fess up. Did you find yourself getting all nervous, breaking out with sweaty palms, biting your lip, etc. ?

I know I did on my most important brush. I was so careful not to mess it up.

You did a wonderful job and it's beautiful. Be proud ! :thumbup1:

Bravo! Makes me want to take the plunge into a restoration!
:thumbup1:

DO IT! You won't regret it. I have done 4 (2 badger, 2 boar, kept three, gave one to my brother), and #5 is with my mother-in-law (she is redesigning the handle, as the original finish was too blemished, so I sanded it down to white and she's going to be creative...I have no clue what she is going to do to it, :blink: ). It's fun and rewarding.

Thank you very much Gentlemen :blushing:

I don't think I had taken the step without the encouragement in my question thread, but today I'm very happy I did :biggrin1:

We're glad you did, too, great looking brush.

Ooooooo nice proportions . Now you happy with it ? :lol:

( if not ill send you my address :lol: )

Last edited:
Yes I'm quite happy actually, so I will hold on to it :biggrin1:

I have just made a review of the Semogue Owners Club 2-band Finest, and I promoted that brush to be my favourite badger brush, it might very well be a short-lived first place for that brush.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Søren:
First of all, I think Congrats are in order on your Restoration.
proxy.php

Great work and a good looking Brush at that too. :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom