What's new

I did it...sort of

Well I took my time with my new wedge from Ambrose and it went OK, I guess. It was sort a haphazard two pass shave, mostly spent trying to figure out what grip works best for what area of my face.

I did not cut myself, finished the shave not 100% happy, stropped the blade gently to gid rid of extra moisture, and put it away...until tomorrow!!

Congratulations! You will get much better as you gain confidence in your control of the blade. Go slowly, pay attention to what you are doing , and never take your eyes off the edge of the blade.

Good luck,

Ray

So, since I did such a bad job this morning, I just tried it again. I got a little burn, and I think I am a fan of the machette grip!!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Congrats on the shave! You got to stick to it and you will get there. I do the 'machette' grip when I go ATG on my neck, it's easier that way.

If that works better for you, then, it's all good!

You may not have been 100% happy, but you may consider it a 100% successful first time with a straight. You didn't cut yourself and that is all one should hope for out of their first time.

Sounds like a great first shave!!! My first shave I looked like I got in to it with a cat then the cat pushed me into a thorn brush.

Top Bottom