What's new

I Did It! Finally Hit A Major Milestone!

I did it!! Finally hit a major milestone!!

I love my DE shaving adventure and I'm still excited about all of the options and choices!!...BUT...the LOTH, who has been very supportive, hinted strongly, that I needed to start using up some of the supplies that I've been acquiring. When I first started DE shaving, I didn't know that there were so many different blades to choose from. I've purchased several sample packs, some locally available blades, and a good sized order from the bay.
I finally finished an entire 5-blade tuck - Ladas Super Stainless. :a50:

I think I see a restraint calling your name. It's been calling me for a year. I choose not to participate in that discussion in my head.

I remember the first time that happened. I usually have like 10 or so different brands open at a time, so it can take a while to even get through 5. It never helps though. In the time it takes to use up those 10 packs, 20 more seem to have shown up at my door.

I'm the worst culprit for having open tucks of different blades- ver difficult for me to finish a tuck, because I'm also the worst culprit for putting the last 1 or 2 blades from a tuck into a new tuck !!

BTW - good choice of blades, IMHO Ladas are the underdog of the Rapira factory -perfectly good, but often very under rated

I'm the worst culprit for having open tucks of different blades- ver difficult for me to finish a tuck, because I'm also the worst culprit for putting the last 1 or 2 blades from a tuck into a new tuck !!

BTW - good choice of blades, IMHO Ladas are the underdog of the Rapira factory -perfectly good, but often very under rated
Ladas are one of my favourite and a great bargain!

I think I see a restraint calling your name. It's been calling me for a year. I choose not to participate in that discussion in my head.
It took a great deal on restraint just to finish the tuck, I don't think I can commit to a month long pilgrimage...just yet. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish another tuck any time soon. I love trying different blades.

I remember the first time that happened. I usually have like 10 or so different brands open at a time, so it can take a while to even get through 5. It never helps though. In the time it takes to use up those 10 packs, 20 more seem to have shown up at my door.
I tried before, too, and there are just so many really good blades to choose from. I think I've got a bad (or good) case of BAD (blade acquisition disorder). So many really good blades to be had for a very low price. We're in the golden age of DE blades but I'm not sure I have enough space in my section of the cabinet.

My face and razor seems to really like all the Russian blades I've tried. One of the things I've discovered since joining B&B is that there are an incredible number of different blades and coatings. I bought a big pack of different brands/types for the Rapira factory (actually an ebay'er from Moscow) for around 10 cents a blade. I still have Rapira Swedish, Sputniks, and a couple of other brands to try. Ladas compare very well to the others. Not sure when I'll finish another tuck, but I did finish a least one.

Ladas are one of my favourite and a great bargain!
I got 5 2-pass, full-face shaves per blade. I bought a bunch for around 10 cents a blade. Each one has proven to be quality a blade and only 2 cents per shave. I've got many other types to try and am so looking forward to it.

They're kin to rabbits.

That happens to me too - literally.
One of my suppliers sends stuff for free just as part of keeping business.

Good man! Not many people here finish stuff! (In my case there are often 1 or 3 backups just in case!) :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I would suggest that you strongly hint that she starts using up some of the shoes she's been acquiring.

I would also suggest that you maintain a good supply of steaks and bags of frozen peas in the freezer, as I do.

Top Bottom