What's new

I.D. help requested

Here is a series of pictures I am hoping will give you the info needed to help ID this one. The only markings on the razor are found around the bottom of the handle and I have copied them on the post-it note exactly as engraved into the metal. As seen in the pictures the top cap has a wavy edge to it for whatever reason.

I have no idea if this is valuable or not and rules here (rightly) do not encourage such speculation.

Any ideas or thoughts you have are welcome.

IMG_5915.jpeg
IMG_5914.jpeg
IMG_5913.jpeg
IMG_5912.jpeg

R

romsitsa

The serial should be on the inner tube. Looks like Boston made for the British office/company.

Last edited by a moderator:
A screen shot from the shave wiki shows this. So would that make it a 1907 razor? Or since it is of British manufacture and not marked Gillette the chart does not apply?

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 3.58.09 PM.png

R

romsitsa

Hello, it's not a British made Gillette, it was produced in Boston for the British company, so it is a US serial.
British made Gillettes made during the 1910s have different markings. (but have to add that it is not exactly known what and when was actually produced in England and what came from Montreal or Boston).

Top Bottom