What's new

I could be happy with.......

I have nothing compared to many here .I have 14 razors I use 4 . 3 Brushes including one that arrived today 4 creams and 2 soap sticks 1 cream and one stick arrived with the brush. Assorted blades I could be perfectly fine with about any razor I have. Any brush I have I am not sure about the LaToja stick but everything else I have I would be fine with . Matter of fact had they not discontinued the American made palmolive I would still be using it a Burma shave brush , drug store Gillette blades and only my tech razor , sometimes I think I over complicate things
By the way I have 3/4 of one tube and one unopened tube of the old palmolive left

Last edited:
You have a lot more razors than I!
I carry the Palmolive shaving cream in the dopp bag and it is still widely available in UK supermarkets.
I have a Merkur 1904 that I bought recently. The rest on my razors were bought extremely cheap used. I have $15- $20 combined in the other 13 razors I have read but can't confirm EU made palmolive is a little different .

We often over complicate our choices. We could be content with a thinned down den, but not necessarily happy.
There are days I look at the basket I have the stuff that I use regularly and think what do I use today ?

Good man!!

After a ton of trying (read ‘collecting’), I cleaned out my razor collection. These days I am pretty much down to two: my Wolfman WR1 and my Lord L6 travel razor. I am also ‘down to’ around 10 brushes.

Everything else is a different story!

I enjoy selecting products to enjoy during my daily shaves!! :a29:

If I had to choose one setup it would likely be my Omega 49, Sir Hare Barbershop, and my Pre War FH Tech with a GSB.

I’d be happy with that.

Which makes me chuckle because I’ve got a few hundred dollars worth of razors, soaps, brushes and blades and that setup is easily under $50 total 😂

I could thin out my den and be happy with my Feather AS-D2 and my Simpsons Chubby 1 best badger brush and a lifetime supply of Palmolive shave sticks and Speick aftershave.

I don't need to do that though so i'll stick with my 20 or so razors and a huge box of soaps

I’ve got a modest collection of razors, soaps and creams too. Usually I use just two brushes. My Boar (Omega) But honestly I could be happy with just a Tech razor, VdH soap and one of my boar brushes. Drugstore AS too.....

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yes. But!

A month from now, out of sheer boredom, you might try something else.

It might be good!

Another month goes by ...

AA

...what I got. It isn't much, but it does everything well. Other than Proraso and Arko Soaps, my signature is my inventory.

I would be happy if I could shave with a straight razor, but several broken fingers, and mild arthritis makes my hope limited.

It's too late for me now, but if I could do it over... I would have just three vintage razors (Gillette Tech, Goodwill #160, and a GEM 1912) for variety, a decent 24x57mm synthetic brush (for home and travel), a kilo of Cella (pressed into a puck for home and a soap stick for travel), and blades... lots of blades. I could get by with any one of the razors above, but all three would provide the variety I'd need to keep from looking elsewhere. I've learned I can easily use just one soap for an entire month. If I can do it for a month, I could probably do it for a year. In fact, I may test that theory in 2021... or maybe 2022 :)

Of course it's easy to come to this realization now that I have spent the last two years accumulating enough razors, blades, soaps, and brushes to last a lifetime. But it's been fun, I've learned a lot, I've communicated with some really nice people, I have very few regrets, and I still have some money left. Life is good and getting better...

Last edited:
I could live with a beard! But, I certainly choose not to. I have a small collection of soaps and creams (8 total), 2 razors (waiting on a third), 3 brushes (waiting on 4 more), and 6 types of blades. But it took me 12 years of sampling, experience, and utter failures to get to this fairly small collection. I will down size the types of blades to 3 or 4, and if the new razor isn’t for me it’s going to find a new home. I think there is two soaps I will not replace, they are good but not my favorite. Here is the key thing: getting here has been so cool. There were The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...but I learned from all of them. Vive la Shave!
Tim

Reactions: bjm
We often over complicate our choices. We could be content with a thinned down den, but not necessarily happy.

Perfectly said. I’ve gone through manny a different razor, soaps, creams, blades. I enjoy the journey but I always feel guilty never finishing a product in a timely fashion. Then something new comes along and... well...you know how that turns out. I’m happy trying new things but I’d be content if I stuck to a simple set up. Not thrilled, but content.

Reactions: bjm
<SNIP> I would have just three vintage razors (Gillette Tech, Goodwill #160, and a GEM 1912) for variety <SNIP>...
The three I listed can all be had for the price of one modern brass, bronze, stainless steel, or titanium razor. The results I've had with each of them have been as good as anything else I've tried. Closer than BBS is filet and I don't want that. Where I went wrong is I didn't get rid of razors, soaps, and brushes as I was accumulating more. I was constantly adding rather than replacing. Live and learn...

I have nothing compared to many here .I have 14 razors I use 4 . 3 Brushes including one that arrived today 4 creams and 2 soap sticks 1 cream and one stick arrived with the brush. Assorted blades I could be perfectly fine with about any razor I have. Any brush I have I am not sure about the LaToja stick but everything else I have I would be fine with . Matter of fact had they not discontinued the American made palmolive I would still be using it a Burma shave brush , drug store Gillette blades and only my tech razor , sometimes I think I over complicate things
By the way I have 3/4 of one tube and one unopened tube of the old palmolive left
I could be happy with a muhle r41 frankin razor rapira Swedish supersteel blades and cremo shave cream, no mug or brush

Top Bottom