What's new

I Concocted a little something.

I wasn't sure if this was fit for the AS mixing thread as technically it wasn't two aftershaves/colognes, but I was feeling a little wild the other day and combined unscented Lubriderm Men's Face, Body, and After Shave lotion with some jojoba oil and Florida Water... came out as a lovely balm, a bit thinner than a lotion and faster absorbing, but pretty darn slick and moisturizing. I think I'll call it Floridian Air, since it's dense, moist, smells like Florida Water, and it's... Balmy... pun intended :) Hope someone else benefits from Zach's Floridian Air!

just added a bit more jojoba and some sweet orange and patchouli essential oils... smells so clean now! Less alcohol smell from the cologne, seems to have a solid scent profile.

Sounds random lol, but if it works, then what the heck, right?
Well the idea was that I needed an AS balm since it's getting cold and dry over here in Brighton (I'm sure you get it since you're in Leominster lol). I didn't want to buy any but I didn't like how the Lubriderm 3-in-1 felt or smelled and I love the smell of Florida Water so I decided to mix them... It came out pretty nice, but I thought that it could use a bit more oil to counteract the drying effect of the alcohol in the FW so I added Jojoba which I had for DIY beard oil. A bit of Sweet orange and Patchouli essential oils to get the perfect smell and I had a solid balm... Had a few of my female friends try it on their hands today since they have considerably more experience with moisturizing lotions than I do and they are basically obsessed with it... requested to buy it off me! lol

Well the idea was that I needed an AS balm since it's getting cold and dry over here in Brighton (I'm sure you get it since you're in Leominster lol). I didn't want to buy any but I didn't like how the Lubriderm 3-in-1 felt or smelled and I love the smell of Florida Water so I decided to mix them... It came out pretty nice, but I thought that it could use a bit more oil to counteract the drying effect of the alcohol in the FW so I added Jojoba which I had for DIY beard oil. A bit of Sweet orange and Patchouli essential oils to get the perfect smell and I had a solid balm... Had a few of my female friends try it on their hands today since they have considerably more experience with moisturizing lotions than I do and they are basically obsessed with it... requested to buy it off me! lol

Sounds like a winner then! Experiment successful.

Top Bottom