What's new

I can't seem to stop myself!!

And a few more pickups, in addition to the Blue Won't Shed in this thread:

This cool Albright Rubberset:

$588990316_o.jpg

I like the way the bottom of the handle is a different color green:

$588990382_o.jpg

Then this bundle:

$$T2eC16d,!)UE9s3wDcdOBQBu4vyOBw~~60_57.jpg$$(KGrHqN,!g8E-6Devm-gBQBu5GVIn!~~60_57.jpg

Something tells me I'm gonna have to put the EverReadys on the BST... Not going to be easy to explain the sudden appearance of five more brushes in the bathroom.:whistling: Oh, and I have to find a hiding place for the Humidor I just bought. :shifty: That's an AD I didn't even know I had!

Are these brushes boar or badger?
Boar is better the badger!

Just messing with you.
You AD's should be in relation to your budget, then all is well.

Last edited:
Are these brushes boar or badger?
Boar is better the badger!

Just messing with you.
You AD's should be in relation to your budget, then all is well.

They are currently boar. I have never had a vintage boar come in that I would use. Lot's are just nasty, but I have gotten a few that appeared to be unused. Either way, the age of the bristles make them useless. They bristles seem to break. Probably from years of no use, and just being dry and brittle. I did get a NOS Made Rite in Badger and have used it, it's never lost a hair. I wonder if Badger lasts longer since it is less rigid? These will get crowned with Badger.

They got here today. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of both. A little larger than the ebay photos suggested. The Opal with "Pure French Bristle" has really nice heft. Another cool surprise is the Green Albright has a Faux MOP base. Hope these photos capture it:

$DSCN1828.jpg$DSCN1830.jpg$DSCN1831.jpg$DSCN1832.jpg$DSCN1833.jpg

I saw the green and white one, and the ivory topped one. Had them in my watchlist. Great come up!

I hope I didn't snatch them away from you...Although I am sure that happens alot around here. Do you ever put stuff in your watch list just to see what it ends up going for?

I hope I didn't snatch them away from you...Although I am sure that happens alot around here. Do you ever put stuff in your watch list just to see what it ends up going for?

Ha not at all, I just like putting things in my watch list and seeing the prices go crazy in the last 15 seconds. Its like a sick form of self-torture I guess?? :lol:

The bottom of that green/white Albright is awesome! There's nothing like getting the brush in hand and realizing that the Ebay pictures didn't do it justice. Nice snag!

Can't wait to see some restore photos!

Top Bottom