What's new

I can't seem to find a solution to my shaving problem.

@Nerolioil Now that you have the Bic Metal razors, soap, and a brush your wetshaving journey can start. At this time, you don't need any other equipment. Take the time to get improved shaves from what you have before heading off into buying more equipment. Once you are getting good to better shaves and you start wondering what else is out there, then & only then buy something new-be it soap, brush or razor. This way if your shaves get worse, you'll know why. After you get truly comfortable and your technique has improved ( takes time, at least a month) then feel free to buy whatever strikes your fancy.

You need patience and time to practice your technique w/ new tools. And as you have already seen, we are here to help-ask away, there are no 'stupid' questions.

And BTW, Welcome to B&B!!!!!

marty

I think the ultimate answer to your problem may be a wedge ground straight razor. Yes it is a learning curve, but it is definitely worth it.

It's time to make an update.
I've bought a safety razor, edwin jagger de86. Then a medium sharp razor blade gillette platinum. I certainly couldn't get the result I wanted. Still not close enough + irritation. (the irritation was milder though). Then I bought a shaper blade, feather. I've made 3 passes wtg xtg and atg but couldn't see any difference with the gillette one. Guess I'm out of options and should go for a cosmetic surgery operation.

Sorry you feel that cosmetic surgery is your only option. Bodies are funny little things, and I imagine there are many people wishing they could grow a better mustache!

I’d stick with the Feathers for awhile. Irritation typically comes from improper technique, so try to maintain light pressure. Change takes time. Be patient with yourself!

Top Bottom