What's new

I bought some Old Spice cologne

Well the Shulton’s has not arrived but the “Long Lasting Cologne” has and WOW it smells fantastic.

The new stuff is not the same, similar yes but not as good at all. I can’t wait to see how the Shulton’s smells to compare.

4FA3A00B-BDAC-4847-B8D6-C0F33B746EC8.jpeg

It is said that the clear bottle like above was actually marketed to women but the formula to most seems identical.

I can smell them back to back and can tell no difference.

Amazing to find this bottle which could be as old as late 30s to early 40s in this condition.

Scored this full bottle in box the other day for $7us. My first Shultons and it's pretty spot on to Avon Spicy that I have tons of. Just longer lasting. Nice big bottle of it will go far. View attachment 1163721
My bottle I bought like that I believe is from the 80s and it lasts far longer than the new stuff I bought at Target.

I think I mentioned it smells different too. The new stuff is, shallow? Maybe that’s an apt description.

The old stuff is spicier and deeper, lasts most of the day and instantly triggers memories of my dad and uncles from my youth.

F5EF12D0-BDA3-48FB-9C1C-946CF58E03CB.jpeg

The older (40s?) bottle is virtually identical in smell, both are FAR better than new.

I am going to find some Avon Spicy to check out.

Think I’ll find a very small pump spray bottle to apply it so it goes farther.

My bottle I bought like that I believe is from the 80s and it lasts far longer than the new stuff I bought at Target.

I think I mentioned it smells different too. The new stuff is, shallow? Maybe that’s an apt description.

The old stuff is spicier and deeper, lasts most of the day and instantly triggers memories of my dad and uncles from my youth.

View attachment 1163851

The older (40s?) bottle is virtually identical in smell, both are FAR better than new.

I am going to find some Avon Spicy to check out.

Think I’ll find a very small pump spray bottle to apply it so it goes farther.
I use an atomizer as well with my vintage Shulton cologne. I was not anywhere near as impressed with spicy when compared to vintage Shulton, but spicy cologne is longer lasting than the current OS cologne in my experience. It’s definitely cheaper than Shulton cologne.

I wore the 80s Shulton to church Sunday, I was doing a job Monday that I knew I would be getting pretty dirty so I didn’t shower Monday morning.

As soon as I was getting warmed up physically, I began to smell the Old Spice! 24 hrs later and it was still working 😎

I have my own business and work alone so no one to share my aroma with 😉

Top Bottom