What's new

I bought some Old Spice cologne

image.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
My dad's three favourites were Old Spice, Brut and Blue Stratos all of which hold a special place in my own den

Old Spice classic cologne is my go-to! My wife loves the stuff as well, so it’s a no brainer. Plus, I happen to find it a nicely balanced fragrance that smells classy but not pretentious (if that makes sense). The fact that it costs so little and is easily available doesn’t hurt either.

I like the cologne as well. The vintage cologne made by Shulton is one of my favorites. It is noticeably longer lasting than the current version. I think it smells better as well. I found it easier to buy on the bay than the aftershave. I put it into a nice glass spray bottle for ease of use.

I have yet to pull the trigger on an old bottle of Shulton’s Old Spice. Many of the ads say “full” or “x% full” but also say “have not smelled it” or “cologne degrades over time”.

Some look light brown, some have a green tint, some are a darker brown.

I don’t want to buy a bottle and it turn out to be watered down to appear more full.

My dads 1970,s bottle of Shulton Old Spice is strong still ,if I shave last thing I can still smell it next morning so it has not lost strength.i keep wondering if the modern version is as good and no doubt will have to try it some time.

I bought a lighthouse decanter at a Goodwill store full. The stuff smells great, but because it's in short supply I use it sparingly. I use the Avon Spicy a little bit more freely because there's so much of that stuff around.

My dads 1970,s bottle of Shulton Old Spice is strong still ,if I shave last thing I can still smell it next morning so it has not lost strength.i keep wondering if the modern version is as good and no doubt will have to try it some time.
I buy the modern version in a spray bottle at Target or WM, it lasts 8 hrs or so.

I’ve always hated old spice. But the other day I put a couple sprays on my arm in Walmart, and again didn’t care for it. BUT, after a few minutes of dry down, which I’ve never done before, I started liking it.

I’ve always reacted to the initial presentation but have never worn it for a dry down. I kind of liked it after some time.

I bought a lighthouse decanter at a Goodwill store full. The stuff smells great, but because it's in short supply I use it sparingly. I use the Avon Spicy a little bit more freely because there's so much of that stuff around.
Would you say the Avon is super close to Old Spice in smell?

Recently picked these up in TKMaxx, as much for the novelty value as anything. The Arabic script on the back seem to indicate that it’s made for the Middle-East market, and I’ve never encountered them before in the UK.

I’ve since added one called Swagger, to complement the Original and WhiteWater I already had.

0BBB6B0E-75F6-4EBD-B932-2BCABD8194BA.jpeg

If anyone’s got these from other markets, it would be interesting to know...

Al.

We can get Swagger and Original here in Target and Walmart in my area. I use Swagger and Bearglove deodorant/anti-perspirant.

The Old Spice cologne sold now only lasts a few hours, I am hoping the old stuff last a good bit longer

We can get Swagger and Original here in Target and Walmart in my area. I use Swagger and Bearglove deodorant/anti-perspirant.

The Old Spice cologne sold now only lasts a few hours, I am hoping the old stuff last a good bit longer
I quite like the Slugger aftershave, but I haven’t tried the Swagger yet - I’ve seen a one called ‘Champion’, and it’s missing from my cupboard, so maybe...🙄🙄🙄

Top Bottom