What's new

I bought ammo in a caliber that I don't own a gun for.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Mick, I ‘m well aware of what a.38 Super is, I’d love to have a Commander with both .38 Super and 9mm barrels. When was first introduced, it was not a competition round, but a high performance police and defensive round. It was/is very popular south of the border where “military “ rounds are not legal for civilians.

@Mick, I ‘m well aware of what a.38 Super is, I’d love to have a Commander with both .38 Super and 9mm barrels. When was first introduced, it was not a competition round, but a high performance police and defensive round. It was/is very popular south of the border where “military “ rounds are not legal for civilians.

Does anyone, other than colt, make an auto chambered in 38 super?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Does anyone, other than colt, make an auto chambered in 38 super?
I really don't know, I have not researched it. I would think that any 1911 could be converted with a barrel, extractor and magazine change, could it not?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
It seems that Rock Island, Dan Wesson, Tangafolio and Wilson Combat have or do make .38 Super pistols.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Springfield has, in the past, made 1911’s chambered in 38 super.

I have purchased ammo in calibers that I don’t own a couple of times. Usually the deal was so good I couldn’t pass it up and I used the ammo to justify purchasing a firearm in that caliber.

Top Bottom