What's new

I bought a Razorock ECO

To quote my wife: "that doggone Pasteur Pharmacy had another sale", and I picked up a Hulk green ECO for $25. In typical Pasteur fashion, I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it in my mailbox Monday afternoon.

My first shave with it this morning gave me a surprisingly excellent shave. It's not as aggressive as I expected from reading posts about it here, and I give this shave a 9.4 out of 10, rivaling my more expensive razors.

Shaving with reminds me of shaving with one of my Gem razors, a bit of a different angle than your typical DE razor, rather shallow.

Here are a few pictures for those interested in this neat little half-DE razor. I'm impressed with how securely the half-blade is positioned on the head.

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

I have my eye on these. I just ordered my first SE (A GEM featherweight).
So now SE's have piqued my interest!
So these are SE newb questions:
What's the difference between the Hawk and the Eco?
On Razorock's site it shows that the Eco can use a standard DE blade split in half.
Can you do the same thing with the Hawk?
Or do they use different types of blades?

I think the Hawk takes AC blades.
Ah ok, Got it!
So I'll skip that then. I don't need something with even more different blades. I'll already be at 2 different types with my DE's and the GEM that I just bought. And from what I see, the AC blades are expensive. The RR Eco seems like a good compromise because you can use whatever DE blades you already have.
Thanks for the info!
LRod

Ah ok, Got it!
So I'll skip that then. I don't need something with even more different blades. I'll already be at 2 different types with my DE's and the GEM that I just bought. And from what I see, the AC blades are expensive. The RR Eco seems like a good compromise because you can use whatever DE blades you already have.
Thanks for the info!
LRod
I use mine every second day to shave my head. It works for me very well with a shallow angle (riding the cap). I also tried it a couple of times on my mug but there I mostly go steep and that didn’t worked that welll.

59A4AC7A-63E7-46BB-901B-672EDFD08DCC.jpeg

Ah ok, Got it!
Thanks for the info!
LRod
Well, I take back what I wrote. I ended up ordering a Razorock Hawk with some Schick Proline blades. In the end I got a good deal that made me want to try the AC blade format. So between that, my DE's and the GEM that's on the way, I'll be able to experiment with all 3 formats. So enjoy your Eco's. Maybe at some point I'll try one out!
LRod

Well, I take back what I wrote. I ended up ordering a Razorock Hawk with some Schick Proline blades. In the end I got a good deal that made me want to try the AC blade format. So between that, my DE's and the GEM that's on the way, I'll be able to experiment with all 3 formats. So enjoy your Eco's. Maybe at some point I'll try one out!
LRod
Your missing an injector!

To quote my wife: "that doggone Pasteur Pharmacy had another sale", and I picked up a Hulk green ECO for $25. In typical Pasteur fashion, I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it in my mailbox Monday afternoon.

My first shave with it this morning gave me a surprisingly excellent shave. It's not as aggressive as I expected from reading posts about it here, and I give this shave a 9.4 out of 10, rivaling my more expensive razors.

Shaving with reminds me of shaving with one of my Gem razors, a bit of a different angle than your typical DE razor, rather shallow.

Here are a few pictures for those interested in this neat little half-DE razor. I'm impressed with how securely the half-blade is positioned on the head.

View attachment 1521791
View attachment 1521792
View attachment 1521793
View attachment 1521794
View attachment 1521795

I missed this somehow.

I picked one up a while ago and it has worked very well for my head shaves...but hasn't seen any use since my Vector arrived. I'll probably revisit it at some point since I have a pretty good pile of half-blades to use up.

I get really nice, close head shaves with the Eco. It is surprisingly good for the price, and very well behaved.

I'm still waiting for my Hawk to arrive. It's been in transit for a week already. Seems like USPS is running in slow motion this week.

My Hawk finally arrived today!
It's loaded and ready with a Schick Proline for tonight's shave.
This will be my first ever shave with an AC format razor:

full

Top Bottom