What's new

I am so out of control! This forum is evil!!!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have all the components cut for my rack. Used a router bowl bit for the indentations for the bowl and used a dado to cut all the stem holder thingees. Just need the time to put it all together.
You've got to share some pics!
I was looking at the newer style that has a long horizontal shelf with a groove, and the pipes sit sideways in it with the stems in cutouts. Looks like no matter the shape of the pipe it would work.

2615181769.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol, @Kentos : I inherited a little shelf thing that MAY have been made by my FIL. I can't ask him, yet anyway, because he passed away about 3? years ago, and mom did this Spring. It looks to be made of a REAL thin Luan? (real werd?) plywood, like something from a shop class. Did they have shop in High Skool in the early 50's?

Anyway, I'ma gonna hang it to hold shave stuff, as my incredibly long-suffering War Department has given me the go ahead, on the off chance her Dad made it. I miss him.

He was REALLY shtoopid for letting me marry her. I'd a shot me and buried me on the woods!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Is that last spot held for a zulu? I remember you had one before that you liked. Well, except that it wouldn't sit.

Yeah, I had one that wouldn't sit and sold it. Then I bought that Savinelli Tortuga 305 thinking the Bermuda stem would make it a sitter. It didn't, so that got sent back.

The Bones is the nearest I've found to what I was looking for. Not a true Zulu shape, but probably as close as I'll find in my price bracket.

20211216_193155.jpg

Zulu-ish?

That last spot is probably getting filled with a Falcon. Again, price limitations drastically limit choice, but I want a shallow pot sitter. 24mm wide and about the same in depth.

Also it would be nice to have a 6mm filter pipe on the team. An International stem would do that. A Genoa bowl would probably fit the pot sitter requirement. However, I'd likely put the aro bowl (bulldog) on the filtered stem, and the Genoa on the standard stem the air bowl is currently on.

After reading about Petersons on the Peterson Pipe Notes blog, I know I'd like a Canadian and a Dublin -- if not from Peterson, then similar models. The way things are going with delivery right now, I know I'm going to wait until after New Year's even to look around.

More important, I need a new pipe rack, and to reorganize the closet where I keep my pipe stuff so I'll have room for it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
After reading about Petersons on the Peterson Pipe Notes blog, I know I'd like a Canadian and a Dublin -- if not from Peterson, then similar models. The way things are going with delivery right now, I know I'm going to wait until after New Year's even to look around.

More important, I need a new pipe rack, and to reorganize the closet where I keep my pipe stuff so I'll have room for it.
I'm not happy with stock pipe racks, the generic racks don't fit all shapes by any means.
I'm trying to stay organized as I go, so I'm going to have to make something that works.

Like this one? They are great pipes! This was my first Peterson and the only new one I've bought (so far).

20180501_170558.jpg

Like this one? They are great pipes! This was my first Peterson and the only new one I've bought (so far).

View attachment 1380664
Exactly! The military mount makes it perfect.

I have my reliable old 307 bent billiard from the '80s, and have ordered an Arklow 606 sandblasted pot. But on the Peterson Pipe Notes blog, I caught pics of an Antarctic explorer, Tom Crean, taken with his Dublin Pete, and thought that would be a cool pipe:

Next year!

Last edited:
Top Bottom