What's new

I am so out of control! This forum is evil!!!

I have a Canadian, a very nice one. If you want to dip your toe in Canadian waters, I would recommend Brigham. A very reasonable price and (in my opinion) much prettier than others in its price range. Oh, and the rock maple filters are pretty cool too.

16399221396991268022255406140159.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I’ve always been fond of the Canadian shape. And Lovats, similar but with a longer, saddle stem. I love the look.

Just read up on them in pipedia. Very interesting!

I’ve always been fond of the Canadian shape. And Lovats, similar but with a longer, saddle stem. I love the look.
That Canadian was my first "good pipe". That long sleek profile classes up my pipe rack. Lovats are good too, I much prefer the saddle bit. But most of the lovats I've seen are much shorter. The Brigham Canadian I have, I can see into the bowl well enough to light properly due to its length.

This being B&B, I'm obligated to encourage you to pick up a good example of long shanked briar. But even if I wasn't obligated, I still would. The shape is that nice.

Exactly! The military mount makes it perfect.

I have my reliable old 307 bent billiard from the '80s, and have ordered an Arklow 606 sandblasted pot. But on the Peterson Pipe Notes blog, I caught pics of an Antarctic explorer, Tom Crean, taken with his Dublin Pete, and thought that would be a cool pipe:

Next year!
Very nice! Thats a beauty! Think I've grown as fond of dublins as I have billiards. Clean classic shaped pipes. Always up to add more petes to the stable too haha

Top Bottom