What's new

I am Set for Blades for the Shavepocalypse

The Finance Committee wanted to reclaim some closet space and I am in the process of "organizing" the shave den. I put all of my blades in one place for the first time including sample packs and 100 packs. It was quite sobering and now I am sure that I am all set for the Shavepocalypse.

The funny thing is I find myself using two different brands the most and could easily PIF 50% of them and may never miss them...but what if...?

So... how many you got?

I have many years worth of blades, but I didn't count them or take pics because I know it's all relative. However many I think I have, there are many more in the community who have cargo containers full. :) It was striking for me to see all of mine in one place.

I think blades are my gateway item to acquisition disorder - razor, brush or soap. If I haven't purchased anything in a while, I will check in on the latest blade reviews, order samples and before you know it I am off to the acquisition disorder races.

I have lived through blade droughts, before online sales were a thing. Not fun. I am determined to never suffer that again.

In addition, many of my favorite blades are made in Russia so I imagine anything that isn't already in the sales pipeline in another country isn't going to leave Russia. Fortunately we have so many great options to choose from that are made in other countries.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have around 1,000 blades. That's high for me, but I purchased 400 PolSilver SI blades a few years back for a little over $60. Then the rumor mill suggested they were going to stop making them, so I purchased another 400. Now, finally, it seems the rumor is true, so I guess it's OK I got suckered into the second 400 purchase.

I have enough blades of each brand I like most at least 20 years IF I started using ONLY THAT blade and forget others.

Enough wizamet (1300)
Enough Gillette Permasharp (1000)
Enough Gillette Platinum (1200)
Enough Lords
Enough Israeli Personna
Enough Gillette Wilkinson Sword

And so on.

As I live in Brazil and buy most of my blades from overseas there is a cost in buying few blades, so never buy less than 100 each time.

At least last few years there is a resurgence of wet shaving also here and besides the classic Brazilian Wilkinson Sword and Greek Bic (only options for decades) we can find Lord, supermax, Personna and a few other brands at local online stores.

I've got 400 of my favourite blades (7 o'clock yellow, Astra SP, BIC Chrome) plus another 100 or so assorted blades. I shall try to avoid buying any more until I run low. As I turn 60 next month I might already have a lifetime supply. 😀

Top Bottom