I am Running Out - Recommend Something

For me, T&H has excellent creams. My favorites in order:
  1. Ultimate Comfort
  2. Arlington
  3. West Indian Lime
  4. Sandalwood

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I am just about out and need more shaving cream. Here is what I was thinking of but will try anything new. Not Omega, that's what I just had.

1. Truefitt and Hill (kind of leaning towards Trafalgar or West Indian Limes, something top-shelf)
2. ToBS (any of these!)
3. Speick
4. LEA
5. Proraso
6. Musgo Real
7. Tabac
8. La Toja

Over the years I've tried all on your list except for La Toja. The one that remains in my den is Speick. Speick has the right balance of slickness and protection IMO. Scent is great too.

Mugso real is top notch. (Oakmoss is amazing). Just a bit pricey. Second on your list for me would be TOBS.

Murphy and McNeil- Aon base, top tier and readily available. Declaration Grooming- Milksteak base is also excellent, but availability can be spotty. Cold River Soap Works Glide- readily available but a step below the other two.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
What he said. CRS.

CRS scents are spectacular. I have their Wild Rose and Sandalwood. Both are incredible scents. The Rose is a very deep, yet very accurate scent. The Sandalwood, I feel is a true Sandalwood thats also very accurate. I heard CRS Vetiver is outstanding. I'll be finding out myself on my next order.

Cyril R Salter Shaving Cream Bowls - https://connaughtshaving.com/cyrilsc.html

5.8oz/165g tubs at that price is a steal. I fully expect my tub of Sandalwood to last me 4 years. I've been using my Rose almost two years now and use it often, its 1/2 gone.

Performance is right there with my best soaps. PdP, Wickham 1912, P&B and WK DM.
@Esox and @never-stop-learning are spot-on with CSR!!! A friend sent me a sample of Wild Rose, and I'm looking forward to a full tub....this stuff rocks!!!

i just got a bunch of artisan samples, my favorite was la shaving soap company, zingari man and a non artisan castle forbs. i think im done with most artisans though. seems like its all the same with different cents that is, in my opinion too much. they are trying to make colognes out of soaps.

@Esox and @never-stop-learning are spot-on with CSR!!! A friend sent me a sample of Wild Rose, and I'm looking forward to a full tub....this stuff rocks!!!
Another vote for CRS here, in particular, French Vetiver. Great performance, and if your a vetiver fan, this is the only one I've found that smells exactly like the vial of pure essential oil I add to my witch hazel.

I am actually going to order Lavanda next. What lavender splash pairs well with it? I know they make a cologne as well, but not an aftershave. What is in the same ballpark lavender scent?
I can’t help with the splash suggestion, but be aware that Lavanda does not smell like Castle Forbes Lavender. CF smells like fresh Lavender from the US. Dead on. Lavanda smells like dried European Lavender. Nice, but different.

Does Arko Man make a tube?

If so, it's gotta be good.
Arko makes a bunch of tube creams. My local Turkish grocery store has maybe a half dozen flavors for about CAN$3 a tube.

I've tried the Cool and despite it's name, is not cool at all - just a rich soapy scent. Moist is supposed to be the best scent and performer, which I'll pick up once I make some room.

I am just about out and need more shaving cream.
All great choices have been suggested. Let me add a personal favorite - Gada Cool Mint. It doesn't smell artificial to my nose like Palmolive or LEA Menthol, but more importantly, contains petroleum jelly (Vaseline) that makes my skin feel really soft. I think Chiseled Face Stubble Buster soaps also contain petroleum jelly, but I've never tried them.

Gada is about CAN$2.50 a tube at my local Lebanese grocery store chain (Adonis)

Black Ship Grooming's 'Ghost Ship'!
An amazing sandalwood, grapefruit, and amber scent. Great lather too.
Get the sample from Maggards if you're not sure.

TOBS - Platinum, #50, Mr. Taylor, St. James, Jermyn St
T&H - 1805, Grafton, Apsley
Big fan of TOBS St. James. I have recently ordered a sample pack for TOBS, and while I haven't really start using most of them, those few you've mentioned are the ones I do like right out the gate.

How do those 3 from T&H compared to the TOBS ones you've mentioned?

Big fan of TOBS St. James. I have recently ordered a sample pack for TOBS, and while I haven't really start using most of them, those few you've mentioned are the ones I do like right out the gate.

How do those 3 from T&H compared to the TOBS ones you've mentioned?

comis, As you know all the TOBS I listed are the clean smelling scents they make which I love. The T&H creams are more on the perfume scent side. As for performance, pretty much a toss up. For me the T&H creams make my face a little tight after I shave with them.

I recently picked up a tube of LEA pro and TOBS organic. Both are good, but for the price, the LEA wins out.

comis, As you know all the TOBS I listed are the clean smelling scents they make which I love. The T&H creams are more on the perfume scent side. As for performance, pretty much a toss up. For me the T&H creams make my face a little tight after I shave with them.
Thanks to that! I gonna take a look at those smells, and read more reviews on them!

Top Bottom