What's new

I am putting shaving creams in my rotation...

As a face lather type for years I never enjoyed shaving creams. Some weeks ago I bought a soup bowl, glued some coins in it and started to practice bowl lathering.

Well, I am starting to enjoy creams a lot. I have Proraso blue and green which are now in my rotation. I will buy some Palmolive and Speick ones.

:thumbsup:
I just finished this bad boy (03/26-12/26)
B6C29FE1-6954-4B4F-AED1-B0BECE51E54E.jpeg

0DAEB0A2-34CD-452E-9FA7-4A3D31058DA7.jpeg

Nothing wrong with face lathering creams. Just smear about an inch directly onto your face and go to town with the brush

Speick is my favorite shaving cream, Proraso is also very good

Nothing wrong with face lathering creams. Just smear about an inch directly onto your face and go to town with the brush

Speick is my favorite shaving cream, Proraso is also very good

I have always bowl lathered my tubed creams. But after reading your post. I decided to try face lathering with my Proraso Red.

I just squeezed a bit on my brush and started lathering it on my face. It performed just as well as bowl lathering.

When I use up what I have in my den. I plan on buying a big 500ml tube of cream.

I was curious to about how long it would last? At about $2 a month makes it very economical too.
I gifted about 100 ml to people who didn’t wanted to blind buy the big tube and I used it copiously (5-6cm/2-2.5 inches) every second day to shave my head (lots of real estate). So the full tube would have easily lasted a full year shaving my face.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm a face latherer. With creams, I don't bowl lather - I bowl load.

If I put a dollop of cream on the brush or face, and face lather from there, it doesn't end well. There's too much dry scrubbing of brush on skin, before either are properly lubricated.

Instead, I put the cream (just under 1ml) in a lather bowl, and load the brush as if I was loading from a soap. As soon as the cream is evenly distributed about the bristles of the brush, I leave the bowl, and build the lather on the face. No brush burn or overscrubbing, no fluffy Santa beards from bowl lathering incorporating too much air (which bowl lathering absolutely does, in my opinion). You could palm lather/load just as easily, but I prefer loading in the bowl.

I'm a tube cream user and face latherer.

Squirt a little in a mug, a few light swirls with the brush and then work the lather on your face. I use a SRD brush scuttle (just to soak my brush), but an OS mug would work. I've squirted right on the brush too, but prefer to give a few light swirls to work the lather into the brush, like 3-4 swirls, nothing major.

No need to waste lather or time in a bowl. And don't get me started on glueing coins in your bowl. I have no idea who came up with that idea, but they are not needed and can't be good for a $300+ brush (or any brush for that matter).

Top Bottom