What's new

I Am Going To Invoke the A-word

For duty-bound reasons I am stuck around the house this weekend, and momentarily bored. That know, I am going to say it...

ARKO

Now can we have the polarized swarms of fans and detractors fall into line on my effort to do a little agitating?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Had my first shave with ARKO yesterday. Liked it a lot, and immediately understood the citronella-urinal cake reference ... truthfully, I wanted it for traveling.

SHE made a reference to it "smelling like the middle-east," whatever that's supposed to mean. Tellingly, she did not know it's from Turkey ...

AA

Last edited:
I am giving Arko a second chance with a badger brush, with a boar was a disaster. I'm willing to work with the A stick:laugh:

I use it exclusively for travel, as it doesn't take up much room at all, and since when I travel, I always take along a good agtershave, the scent doesn't bother me.
I got the tub as well, and shaved with just that for about 2 months. I got used to it, and for that reason it will always hold a special place in my heart.

I use ARKO about once a month, and every time, I'm impressed by its performance. And I wonder why I don't use it more often.

Currently I have about a third of a stick sitting on the bathroom sink. I've been using it to wash my face and hands since I ran out of the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil soap I had before. ARKO works just as well as a general purpose soap as it does for shaving.

As to that famous ARKO smell ... too many people hear that it smells like a urinal puck and think that it smells like urine. That's not the case at all. To me, ARKO smells fresh, clean and lemony. Its about as close as you can get to that traditional barbershop scent.

I have a stick Arko in my travel kit. Which now that I am back to work, gets plenty of use. I don't find the scent smelling anything like a urinal puck and I stop at enough truck stops and rest areas to know.

Arko is a good soap (though it doesn't play nice with my skin, so I cannot use it). Don't let the Arkolytes fool you though; there are better soaps out there.

This post made me pull out the Arko this afternoon and give it a another spin. Still not my favorite scent but it functions well. Still a "B" rated soap for me.

Scent reminds me of stocking the laundry detergent aisle at my part time job back in high school. A scent so intense it makes my stomach flip in a non too pleasant manner, gag reflex, even after months of airing it's a no go scent wise, vile, shame because it works a treat.
dave

I have a stick Arko in my travel kit. Which now that I am back to work, gets plenty of use. I don't find the scent smelling anything like a urinal puck and I stop at enough truck stops and rest areas to know.

This gets my vote for the funniest and most candid post of the day!
:lol:

"SHE made a reference to it "smelling like the middle-east," whatever that's supposed to mean. Tellingly, she did not know it's from Turkey ..."

Some do consider Turkey to be middle-east, though it does well at staying out of most of the region's troubles. Having been in Turkey long ago, the scent does take me back to what wafted around the stores.

Haven't used it in quite a while. I'll have to use it once I'm done with my 3017 of Stirling SDM. I just get a lemony barbershop scent, albeit a tad drying for my tastes.

Top Bottom