What's new

I am firmly convinced that...

Nope. Sorry. I am firmly convinced they are different blades. I finally tried the KCG blades last month. Have been using the light blue Platinums for 3 or more years. After a testing in the same razor with the same cream and brush I can tell you I am 100% sure they are different. With the Light Blue Platinums I get a slightly closer shave. 4 shaves were done. 2 with each blade. And I can assure you the KCG is not a dark blue Platinum either. The dark blue Platinums are a tad milder than KCG.

A few samples of each blade under high optical magnification would be a quick and dirty way to see if there are any obvious differences that would quickly dispel any speculation as to whether they’re the same blade or not.

Never used the KCG, but the Gillette Platinums are my favorite blade and the only blade I will ever use (excluding the occasional Feather weekend every now and then). They are just Perfect for my 5-6 daily 1-pass shaves

When discussing "Gillette Platinum", always good to clarify which blade you're referring to

Gillette Platinum Light Blue
1659106994962.png

or Gillette Platinum Dark Blue
1659107072207.png

Nope. Sorry. I am firmly convinced they are different blades. I finally tried the KCG blades last month. Have been using the light blue Platinums for 3 or more years. After a testing in the same razor with the same cream and brush I can tell you I am 100% sure they are different. With the Light Blue Platinums I get a slightly closer shave. 4 shaves were done. 2 with each blade. And I can assure you the KCG is not a dark blue Platinum either. The dark blue Platinums are a tad milder than KCG.

The Platinums are good, but the KCG are better. They are not the same blade, they feel and perform differently for my money

I don't have a lot of shaves with either, but the Platinum blades seem a little sharper and the KGC seem a little smoother.

KCGs are a very good blade.
My experiences with all three place the KCG firmly between Light Blue and Dark Platinums

Does everyone think that Gillette really does three different production runs at their plants?
I don't know if they do or not but it's common practice in most industries. A blade is a simple thing to custom make with today's machinery. So it is possible!
A few weeks ago, @gdawg55 ran a test of the white and blues separately for a week and he says that the blades were definitely different.

I don’t disagree in principle, but it is also very common for companies to rebadge products for many reasons.

How about a blast from the past?

The pink Minoras were liked quite well and are gone from the market. Use the same recipe, pack differently and sell for a higher price as a premium offering :)

F7525B1D-934C-4A7E-993F-C8A803DAC553.jpeg

Top Bottom