What's new

I am finally ready to admit it- I hate Williams Mug Soap!

IMG_20210115_131458888.jpg

Who says Williams doesn't lather? I brush the soap until most of the air bubbles disappear and start off with a squeezed out brush. I feel like this soap works best when used everyday. The more you soak the puck each day, the easier it becomes.

Not exactly a "yogurt" lather, but it becomes more of a white paste once you get it dense enough

I think guys take it as a challenge at first, then convince themselves that it has redeeming value. It doesn't. Williams mug soap sucks lol

Sorry, personal opinion... It just never was good 😁 Mind you, I've never used vintage Williams

Rockwell 6S Matte Black and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)/Merkur Mustache Blade (??)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue (Eur)
ASB: Aqua Velva (Eur)

Sunday is here, Brothers and Sisters!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

To be honest, if I could start all over again, I would just use Williams and just change my AS/Fragrance each day.

What's your lather technique, if you don't mind me asking? Do you use it by itself or add glycerin?

I feel like the puck lathers best when you start with a damp, squeezed-out brush, instead of a wet one.

Let it sit in hot water while boar hair brush hydrates. I never had a problem getting a good amount of good lather after soaking it and using a boar hair brush in a bowl. Have not tried with a synthetic brush.

Today I chose classic Williams Mug to honor two "firsts:" first shave with a Feather blade in my recently acquired Gillette Tech (1946-50 fat handle).

What's your lather technique, if you don't mind me asking? Do you use it by itself or add glycerin?

I feel like the puck lathers best when you start with a damp, squeezed-out brush, instead of a wet one.
I soak it over night if I haven't used it in awhile. You'll actually see the puck puff up. The next morning I dump the water and add new water to keep the puck wet while I shower. I soak the brush in another cup/bowl while showering as well. After I shower I dump the water from the mug and brush soak. I then squeeze out most of the water from the brush so that it is just damp. I then load the brush until I get a good bit of paste like soap in the brush. I then either take it to the face or to the bowl adding water slowly until I get the consistency I want.

If you use it everyday the process gets easier and easier every shave. You have to realize what Williams was made for. It was made to be able to be shelved and make it's way from the East to the West over months of travel and years of storage. When it gets to where it needs to go it is made to get wet and stay wet to get the lather you are looking for.

Rockwell 6S Matte Black and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva Musk.

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)/Merkur Mustache Blade (??)
Brush: Omega 48 Pro
AS/EdC: Aqua Velva Musk

Happy Monday!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R6, R5, and R4)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: VdH Boar

Have a great Tuesday!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I usually like to make shave sticks out of my pucks for travel.

But it doesn't work well with Williams for some reason. This is the kind of soap you'd want to leave in a mug and lather on

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R6, R5, and R4)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Brush: VdH Boar

Williams Wednesday, Baby!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm surprised they still make Williams because I see it on the shelves of some local drugstores.

The company also makes Aqua Velva, and I'm guessing that's where their profit actually comes from

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R6, R5, R4, and R3)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (6)
Brush: Zenith S

More Williams with a face lather!
[IMG]

[IMG]

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)/Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (??)
Brush: Zenith S series

Happy Freedom Friday, Everyone!
[IMG]

[IMG]

Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Lord Platinum (2)/Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (??)
Brush: Zenith S series
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue (US)
ASB: Aqua Velva 5 in 1 (US)

Saturday is here. Hope everyone has a good one.
[IMG]

[IMG]

Top Bottom