What's new

I am fed up with the AoS prices, is there any similar products alternatives?

Nobody likes AOS at full price.

They have sales 20% to 40%

I have a lifetime supply, I also rotate Mikes with it. I used some P160 today and got a great shave.

Of all the available soaps today I would be happy with Mikes only, the variety of scents and the quality shave it provides is on par with AOS, IMO.

Plus the tins look cool and match my Futur and Feather razor:001_tongu
Mike does pop up everywhere.....

Own all the top list. I might have some cella kicking around somewhere, but I'm not sure. I have some arko mixed with some soft TFS. Generally Cella and Arko are good enough to use (as is AOS) but I prefer the soaps in the top list enough I wouldn't buy them again.

P

pokey

I know when I was at my local aos store and was talking to the girl they did say they would price match with different company's online.

Alex, I am sure that if better available here and with better prices, Aos would be one of my favorites!
Quality ingredients, great scents and a reputable maker - what's not to like?

I know when I was at my local aos store and was talking to the girl they did say they would price match with different company's online.

Is that just one store/AoS policy or nationwide? I seen razors at AoS for 5 times what Phi at Bullgoose Supplies charges.

Mystic Waters gives me best cushion, protection and slickness. Face always feels better after the shave compared to other soaps I've tried, and I'm the guy that likes variety and am always looking for something better. It has a bit of a reputation (undeserved IMHO) about ease of lathering. I think Brucered made a simple video that I kind of follow and its easy as eating pie!

I think DR Harris is much better than the current AOS soap formulation. I loved the old tallow AOS, but the new soaps don't have very good slickness and protection.

Mystic Waters gives me best cushion, protection and slickness. Face always feels better after the shave compared to other soaps I've tried, and I'm the guy that likes variety and am always looking for something better. It has a bit of a reputation (undeserved IMHO) about ease of lathering. I think Brucered made a simple video that I kind of follow and its easy as eating pie!

Thanks, i think i remember that vid, i will look for it.

Which soaps did you follow?
I have Sandalwood in the new formulation and Lavender in tallow. The lavender is one of my favorite soaps and I love the scent of AoS sandalwood. The new formulation takes a little more water but doesn't feel like it has the same cushion and protection. Post shave is a good feeling, but I have to give the edge to DR Harris though.

Top Bottom