What's new

I am a Menth Head!

I've been using a pepper/salt grinder for quite a while now with crystals, although I've only used it to add menthol to my aftershaves. I also put some crystals into alcohol to dissolve. Then I add that to my none alcohol splashes. I've got some Sterling frost drops inbound to try.
I wonder if dissolving some menthol in alcohol and then adding to a shaving cream that has been removed from a tube and placed in another container would work out?

I just grind some menthol on the surface of my soap before I load the brush; with a fine enough grind it dissolves almost immediately. I don’t use creams very often, but I can’t imagine it would need to be very different in principle.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I wonder if dissolving some menthol in alcohol and then adding to a shaving cream that has been removed from a tube and placed in another container would work out?
I've got the crystals dissolving in alcohol. I'm going to add a tube of Pamolive once they are ready. The tub of razorock was almost done so i sacrificed it in the name of science.
16883872794474405642695695444054.jpg

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Ladies and gentlemen I give you Pamolive Ice. I just had a test lather. I touched lucky with just the right amount of menthol, the face freeze is just slightly more than Sterling Iced Pineapple. Mmmmm. Next cream will be The Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe, although I don't see any problem. I'm really glad I tried this thanks to @Doc Dan.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Pamolive Ice. I just had a test lather. I touched lucky with just the right amount of menthol, the face freeze is just slightly more than Sterling Iced Pineapple. Mmmmm. Next cream will be The Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe, although I don't see any problem. I'm really glad I tried this thanks to @Doc Dan.
Okay, now I have to go and buy a pepper grinder. Thanks for being the guinea pig. :adoration:

Well, I decided that enough was indeed not enough and decided to add 5 plunges of menthol to my already freezer cold Barrister and Mann Arctique. The method to my madness starts with an ice-cold scuttle to which I add a tbs of water to the bowl and 5 plunges of the Menthol plunger. Then I went about my normal shave routine rinsing my razor with ice cold water each rinse. The results are a tear inducing face freezing tingly explosion naturally. I find with Arctique with or without menthol added the aftershave splash really kicks up the effect substantially. All in all a fun experiment on this plus 30C day here in Canada.
menth.jpg

I forgot my phone so I’m using a stock photo of this wonderful soap. This would be a great intro to Menthol soaps for those who don’t want the intensity of an arctiques shave. The Laugar of Sweden base is nice and slick and the scent is a simple menthol eucalyptus. Good stuff.

1688524692670.jpeg

Top Bottom