What's new

I almost got to shave today! (and other recent retiree problems)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Only Three Days Since My Last Shave!!!
Thursday SOTD

Razor:
Game Changer 84-P with @Rosseforp GTCB handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Brush: Omega 10066
Soap: Proraso
ASL: the "Veg"
20221215_055251.jpg

Bringing out the Game Changer 84-P to see how it compares to my Lupo 95.

It's been about a year since I last picked up this old favorite of mine that I used for a Fixed Four and it felt like a long lost friend as I started my first WTG pass.
The GC84 easily took the three days of stubble down on the first pass with short buffing strokes and a mostly steep approach, using a guard to cap sweep on the underside portions of my jaw.

The second ATG pass is where this razor shines as it just cuts the remaining stubble effortlessly.

Well, not all of the remaining stubble, as there was plenty of feedback from the GC84 on the third and fourth WTG and Freestyle cleanup passes, mostly on my neck.

The Witch hazel also gave me feedback and the "Veg" burned, but it was a good burn, so another splash of the "Veg" was warranted before letting the Nivea balm put the finishing touch on a nice comfortable shave.

Yeah, I could, and have used this razor every day.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
On a side note, before WhichyPoo left for work Friday morning at the breakfast table she asked me how much longer I was going to keep the goatee, and I responded with "When your attitude toward my shaving changes."

WhichyPoo then claims she changed her attitude a long time ago, so I came back with, "I still have to put up a sign when I shave, I still have to ask you to be quiet when I am shaving, and I still can't shave whenever I want to."

No reply.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Well I had actually been getting to shave almost every other day without getting interrupted by WhichyPoo or my son.

I guess me walking out of the Laundry/Shaving room angrily with my face half lathered and one of my razors in hand held closely to their faces asking if they wanted it dragged across their face got their attention.

That and laying my shaving gear out well in advance and posting my PhoenixShaving "Epic Shave in Process Do Not Disturb" sign on the door for each and every shave.

Yeah, I know, every guy has to post one of those signs for each and every shave, right?
I do...

I was gonna shave last Saturday, but after waiting an hour for my son to get out of the shower and using up most of the hot water, WhichyPoo decided that I could wait just another ten minutes for her to finish using up the rest of the hot water, and I had to wait another hour for the water to heat up before showering.
So no shave on Saturday.
Sunday and guess what? Yep. Ditto.
Monday and guess what? Yep. Ditto. I did get one shave in with my brand new titanium Blackbird though.
Tuesday and I didn't bother showering, and haven't shaved since. Probably won't shave for another couple of weeks I'm so stewed.

But I will post pictures of shaving gear that I want to be using.

MdC Monday
Vintage Shave Gear April
20230403_120150[1].jpg

~doug~

Retirement is defined as doing what you want to do, when you want to do it.

I retired June 97, am very busy with things I want to do.

Spend a lot of time helping Veterans with VA Problems, VA Claims, and collecting need items for two places that try to get Homeless Veterans, and Veterans who have had bad lucky. Back into part of society, and being independent.

Top Bottom