What's new

I almost bought it. What about you?

Ok, having been around awhile I have tried many things and have sworn off quite a few others. The other day I received an e-mail for Hart Steel razors at 50% off. I went to the site,had one in the cart and at the last minute I resisted. My wife doesn't care and I haven't bought anything other than blades and shaving cream for quite some time. I just decided not to and I guess I might have all the stuff I want or need. After years of buying shave related stuff I think I am over trying things. Slow learner it only took 10 years:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know. For the price of a nice round of cocktails for my wife and me, is some more shaving stuff worth it ? Only you and your budget know the answer. For me, as long as I can balance the monthly books, why not try new stuff ? Hey, we only live once !

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Matt.... you did the right thing. With your experience, that Hart wouldnt have moved the needle much on your sink satisfaction level.

I've only been in this game for 2-1/2 years, after 40+ years with a cart and goo. I aspire to your lofty position, and am entering my second week of the 2016 sabbatical/restraint. Send me good vibes...

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I've only been in this game for 2-1/2 years, after 40+ years with a cart and goo. I aspire to your lofty position, and am entering my second week of the 2016 sabbatical/restraint. Send me good vibes...

Don't be greedy Scott! Good vibes???? You already reside in one of the world's most beautiful and interesting cities. That is a reward in itself. (Stay strong!)

It took a long time and cost a lot of money, but I now have everything I want (at least for the time being). I don't get hooked like I used to.

Even at 50% off, that's still 100% more than you need to spend. :thumbup1:

You made me laugh!!! I did spend some money this weekend.. We bought a new mattress and found some new sheets.. From razors and guns to sheets. I don't know what to think, at least one of will be happy..

Don't be greedy Scott! Good vibes???? You already reside in one of the world's most beautiful and interesting cities. That is a reward in itself. (Stay strong!)

I agree, Mike! I am grateful for everything in my life, including my family, friends, job, city and shaving gear (perhaps not in that exact order). Next time you're in Seattle, let me know. I'll buy you a beer at one of our many brewpubs specializing in IPA...

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I agree, Mike! I am grateful for everything in my life, including my family, friends, job, city and shaving gear (perhaps not in that exact order). Next time you're in Seattle, let me know. I'll buy you a beer at one of our many brewpubs specializing in IPA...

You're ON!

I think you definitely did the right thing! I'm currently on a self imposed restraint because I have ZERO need for any shaving products, I pretty much have the "best" of everything with perfect shaves every time, probably 10 years worth of "high end" soaps etc. The only thing that has been tempting me is the Fine Italian Citrus soap and AS....darn this forum :p

Good job. Despite all of the things that I have, I would be happy with just a pre-war tech, a Kong synthetic brush, just one container of Tuscan Oud shaving soap, and blades.

Good job. Despite all of the things that I have, I would be happy with just a pre-war tech, a Kong synthetic brush, just one container of Tuscan Oud shaving soap, and blades.

The synthetic Kong brush is my only brush, it's the best I've ever owned, sold all my others.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Didn't see it, wouldn't have been tempted if I had. I'm in the Walking Dead Sabbatical with only a few things aside from my exception of an ATT Razor that will tempt me this year; another Paladin brush ( like I need another brush), another ATT Razor, a couple of soaps or creams.

my open comb ball end tech gives me one of the best BBS less agressive shaves of the other 5 razors in my rotation. pretty light too, i often travel with it.

There's always a plan B.

I think I'm in the same boat. How goes your sabbatical? Do you avoid sales sites or just say no? The one item on my list is an SE. I'm waiting for the Claymore to be re-released by Executive Shaving and then I'll evaluate against Asylum and ATT SE2.

I came very close to making that Hart Steel purchase. I've managed to abstain by checking my bank account and seeing that more money hasn't magically made its way in there.

Top Bottom