What's new

Hypoallergenic Shaving Creams

I can note that Meissner-tremonia has numerous soaps and paste. On their website they list the ingredients for each one. I have skin allergy also and can only use a few of them. The most pure is Pots of Milk which I have no problems with this paste. Another is ABC. A lot depends on what your allergic to, fragrance or a specific item like clay.

On another issue welcome to BB. If you would like a sample of ABC just PM me.

Please send me recommendations about shaving creams that are safe and hypoallergenic for people with skin asthma.

Beyond the helpful reply from@jovan did you do additional research on this topic? I'm not allergic to much, but my wife has a sensitivity to any type of synthetic fragrance/parfum, so I need to invest in some soaps that won't irritate her by proxy. Would it be possible to resurrect this thread? Any recommendations?

@Jay_the_Triathlete It appears that the OP only has 1 post and hasn't been seen in B&B since asking the question in 2016.
"Hypoallergenic" means close to nothing - it's a marketing term and can be used at will. There's no requirement whatsoever in any country in order to call a product "hypoallergenic".

There are the "sensitive" lines of products that you could try.
Several manufacturers have an unscented version that perhaps is what you're looking for.

Beyond the helpful reply from@jovan did you do additional research on this topic? I'm not allergic to much, but my wife has a sensitivity to any type of synthetic fragrance/parfum, so I need to invest in some soaps that won't irritate her by proxy. Would it be possible to resurrect this thread? Any recommendations?

Not sure why you want to resurrect such an old thread when you can just start your own, but you might want to try AOS unscented or something like TOBS Organic. T&H Ultimate Comfort is also worth a shot since it uses only Lavender EO. You should be able to sample the AOS if you live near a store.

Not sure why you want to resurrect such an old thread when you can just start your own, but you might want to try AOS unscented or something like TOBS Organic. T&H Ultimate Comfort is also worth a shot since it uses only Lavender EO. You should be able to sample the AOS if you live near a store.

Thanks @dabrock. I just find it much easier to peruse information on a specific topic in a single, consolidated thread. It always feels exhaustive when I search a topic and am returned 5 disparate threads that discuss essentially the same thing.
These are great recommendations. As it is, my wife can’t be in the same room with me for ~an hour after I shave with soaps/creams that incorporate perfume. I’ll pick these up; thanks again!

@Jay_the_Triathlete It appears that the OP only has 1 post and hasn't been seen in B&B since asking the question in 2016.
"Hypoallergenic" means close to nothing - it's a marketing term and can be used at will. There's no requirement whatsoever in any country in order to call a product "hypoallergenic".

There are the "sensitive" lines of products that you could try.
Several manufacturers have an unscented version that perhaps is what you're looking for.

An informative post and a useful distinction. Many thanks, @Yyragtoj!

tobs jermyn street is for sensative skin. not sure if hypoallergenic but it has good incredients, clean smell (not overpowering), and makes an awesome lather.

Baume.be & esbjerg The esbjerg is gering hard to get in this country so I buy a few at a time to amertize the shipping. The grapefruit and peppermint are killer IMO

I've been using the Nivea Sensitive, which has a very mild fragrance. Unfortunately it is no longer available in the US and this is my last tube. If you're looking for something readily available in the US, perhaps off the shelf, you could try Kiss My Face unscented or maybe the Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated. The KMF, although unscented, does have botanicals in it and I don't know whether they would be a problem. The PSC Caffeinated has a spearmint fragrance, but I would think that this would rinse off easily.

Top Bottom