What's new

Hype

Funny.. I probably sampled Mahogany Woods at B&BW a dozen times over the past 4 or 5 years and always thought it was just “nice” but never blown away. It’s interesting how a Youtube review and the fact of being discontinued can change the perception and "value" of a frag..

Yeah, i see that happen with a lot of fragrances. Makes you wonder if people genuinely like what they have or are somehow tricking themselves into thinking something is great. Sometimes I find myself sampling things multiple times that I thought initially were just ok or not even that good to begin with based off the fragrance community's lust for a particular item. Has me second guessing myself!

I've stumbled onto "The Perfume Channel" (formerly Exotic Scents). Nikhil comes across as very knowledgeable and almost anti-hype. He offers information, insights and opinion sans BS.
This has become one of my favorite youtube channels.

Nikhil is awesome. He covers a lot of stuff that is more geared towards non-eastern tastes. Max Heusler is my fav, very anti hype as well.

Heh. I'm reminded of Aramis Havana when I think of the hype train with regard to frags.

When it was discontinued it was the great mythical holy grail over on BN. Then they reissued it and the range of response was from 'Meh' to 'Reformulated Crap'.

I think it's 'Pretty Decent', FWIW.

Old thread but needs revived. Bath and body is selling the body wash and lotion again...limited time. This is an all time favorite body wash of mine. I pair this with a woodsy shave soap and then splash on clubman whiskey woods. The wife can’t keep her hands off of me lol. I was actually buying this stuff off the web for $10 a bottle but loaded a whole bag the other day with the wife when I seen it. Another cant miss was vanilla birch, made be cf bigelow which was discontinued.

Old thread but needs revived. Bath and body is selling the body wash and lotion again...limited time. This is an all time favorite body wash of mine. I pair this with a woodsy shave soap and then splash on clubman whiskey woods. The wife can’t keep her hands off of me lol. I was actually buying this stuff off the web for $10 a bottle but loaded a whole bag the other day with the wife when I seen it. Another cant miss was vanilla birch, made be cf bigelow which was discontinued.

I have about 2/3's bottle of the MW body wash left. I may grab another. I do like the scent, but I like the performance of the CO Bigelow Elixr line (Black/Blue/White, etc) better on my skin. The B&BW body washes don't rinse as clean. That being said, they were also selling the "Dark Amber" body wash for the cheap and I picked one of those up, that scent is wonderful as well.

I have about 2/3's bottle of the MW body wash left. I may grab another. I do like the scent, but I like the performance of the CO Bigelow Elixr line (Black/Blue/White, etc) better on my skin. The B&BW body washes don't rinse as clean. That being said, they were also selling the "Dark Amber" body wash for the cheap and I picked one of those up, that scent is wonderful as well.
Yep. I grabbed the black bigelow body wash and cologne as well as a couple bottles of dark amber. All in all I bought enough for at least a year.

Top Bottom