What's new

HydroLFE Kingfish

Anybody have any experience with this shave soap?
How's the scent, lather & slickness- good/not good?

Saw it online and know nothing about it - just peaked my couriosity.

I may just pick one puck up for the heck of it to find out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I received both a soap and AS sample. I have only tested the AS on my arm so far and am not impressed. It's their Rue Bourbon and the scent is very, very weak. There is very little scent off the small tin of soap I received as well. What little there is smells just like WSP Ol' Kentucky Forumla T which I had a sample of a year or so back and was not impressed. I will try the soap soon.

Thanks so much - let me know how the soap works out for you. I hope better than the AS.

OK, I used the shave soap tonight on a two day beard using a Gillette post-war Tech and a new Gillette Silver Blue blade. Brush was a 24mm YaQi Mew Brown synthetic. I scooped out of the tin a healthy dollop or two and bowl lathered. This soap is very, very rich and I could smell what I interpret was tallow (which does not bother me). Very easy to lather and the resultant lather was very stable for 2 1/2 passes. It's a very slick soap and the shave was great. Now how much was the soap and how much was the superb S&B blade is up for debate. The soap is however very feebly scented. As regards post-shave, I don't know as I always use a facial wash post shave.

If the scent was a lot stronger I would rate the soap a buy. Alas, it is not and neither is the matching AS. That's too bad as the soap is extremely rich in quality and harder than the average croap, but not rock hard. Just right. YMMV.

Thanks for your input and review of the soap. Maybe a pass on this for me.
I was looking for a harder soap anyway, HydroLFE had peaked my curiosity.
Thanks again!

Top Bottom