What's new

Hydro Comfort

Edgewell have launched the Hydro Comfort here in Europe. I assume it's a competitor to the Skin Guard.

hydro-comfort-razor-01-1.png

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is an interesting looking razor. I like the SkinGuard, I like that the blades have a decent gap between them. There seems to be no gap between the blades with the hydro comfort.

Thought hydro comfort from wilkinson sword?
It is. As Edgewell owns both Wilkinson Sword in Europe and Schick in North America and will release the Hydro Comfort there as a Schick it's easier to state Edgewell...

It is. As Edgewell owns both Wilkinson Sword in Europe and Schick in North America and will release the Hydro Comfort there as a Schick it's easier to state Edgewell...

Ah yes, they do. Completely forgot that until I posted. It does.look remarkably like the WS hydro, similar colours.

It's being marketed as the Schick "Stubble Eraser" in the US and has been out for a month or so. The unusual guard is supposed to handle up to 7 days worth of growth. It appears to be just a Hydro 3 with a different guard in front of the blades.

It's being marketed as the Schick "Stubble Eraser" in the US and has been out for a month or so. The unusual guard is supposed to handle up to 7 days worth of growth. It appears to be just a Hydro 3 with a different guard in front of the blades.

Hydro-Skin-Comfort-Stubble-Eraser-Razor-06_1800x1800.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I have seen the stubble eraser. I'm sabbaticalling, or I would have tried on. The Skin Guard looks better being only two blades, but the proof is in the pudding.

Tried this last week and it sucked dollar a butter knife . Now I remember why I have not bought a shick r razor in over a decade !

I have a grizzled old mans beard and only use carts when traveling so take my experience for what it’s worth.

Ive used the Gillette Skinguard a number of times since it was first released to the public and while it will never replace my DEs it is the best cart style razor I’ve tried in recent years.

I heard about the new Schick Stubblebuster and since I like to try new things I picked one up. It hit the bin after 2 shaves. It falls short compared to the Skinguard. I find it on the dull side and the three blades caused some ingrowns. For my beard the Skinguard is still a better option.

Top Bottom