What's new

Hydro 5 Connect Cartridges - Which Is The Correct Handle/Where Can I Find One In The UK?

Hello all,

I am in the United Kingdom, a lurker and female - with a keen interest in skincare :) I often buy my partner DE shaving items (know more about DE shaving than he does..probably!).

About cartridges: a bumper pack of Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Connect 10 x 2 packs appeared on Amazon Warehouse, so I sent them on to him. The pack looks like this:
61DOefub9oL._AC_[1].jpg

He has a Hydro 5 Sense handle already (see his picture, below) and we assumed the Connect cartridges would fit no problem. My hazy memory recollects that his was a freebie (this one) from a few years ago:
wilkinson.jpg

However, the Hydro 5 Connect cartridges don't fit his handle.

i can see a discussion saying that the Hydro range was released in 2010, then re-launched in 2016. Is it possible the handle changed with the relaunch?

Where can I source the correct handle for these cartridges, please? Thanks for your time - I have faith in you Badger & Blade boffins! :)

Hydro Connect are designed to fit Gillette products, I think you will need to get a Personna handle from Tesco, Wilko or Asda. You should be able to remove the connector to allow it to fit a normal Hydro handle.

snapshotimagehandler_1441508513.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ljk
Oh wow, I had no idea, just as well I didn't make another order for a Hydro 5 handle from Amazon. I'll try Tesco next time I swing past.

Thank you so much for your informative reply, Sabre :)

Top Bottom