What's new

FS Hybrid Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Up today is the rare 1930s Gillette Hybrid Tech, rhodium plated, made in England, complete in leather travel case.

The leather case is in good condition for age, some small marks but the gold Gillette logo is unblemished and the zip is fully working. The blade holder, razor handle and baseplate are all in perfect condition, sadly the top-cap does have a few small marks and spots where the plate has worn through, I must stress it's very minor though.

Please review the pictures thoroughly as they do a better job than I ever could at showing the condition. I am asking $400 CONUS, which is exactly what I paid for it a little under a year ago. Open to shipping internationally, but please pm to discuss.

Thanks for looking, any questions please ask away.

AAFA0F71-441D-4FC8-9CD3-CE3000A97F95.jpeg

FA195166-A233-47C3-81EF-7B27D165218C.jpeg
C11EDC2B-1D7B-4000-BB55-7D01DF4062C9.jpeg
520B1967-2972-4E64-A857-5C8FC2EDF08E.jpeg
E4725247-3417-4361-BB45-A125C6AE3E16.jpeg
04E84F80-0F1C-4F4F-B4A4-3FE13FAF2671.jpeg
0B14FC97-3C15-4330-A4E5-35D0D9ECE554.jpeg

If it were me (and I assure you my wife has made it quite clear it won't be me), I would just have it replated if the imperfections were an issue. But it's not me. I mean one can't expect a flawless finish after 90 years; mine was trashed after just 50 :cool: GLWTS!

Last edited:
If it were me (and I assure you my wife has made it quite clear it won't be me), I would just have it replated if the imperfections were an issue. But it's not me. I mean one can't expect a flawless finish after 90 years; mine was trashed after just 50 :cool: GLWTS!
It's hard enough just finding one, a bit of plating loss is not significant in my view. But I understand where some are extremely bothered by such issues.

And the cost of replating in rhodium would be significant with the way rhodium prices have gone up the past couple of years.

It's hard enough just finding one, a bit of plating loss is not significant in my view. But I understand where some are extremely bothered by such issues.

And the cost of replating in rhodium would be significant with the way rhodium prices have gone up the past couple of years.

Since both FB Tech and Hybrid are using the same top caps it would be way cheaper just to buy a FB Tech in great condition and use it's top cap instead.

Of course the Hybrid is rhodium plated, so they're not exactly the same.

That's true, but even if someone is selling a Hybrid with a rhodium base plate and a nickel plated top cap, that would not affect the price nor the performance of the razor. Of course if someone really insists to have both parts rhodium plated he can do so, but given how not many are offering rhodium plating services and how much the prices have skyrocketed, it would be money thrown out the window imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom