What's new

Hybrid Tech , First Impression.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Because one of B&Bs outstanding Members
I have the use of a Real, Honest to goodness Vintage Gillette Hybrid Tech....
I have been looking to add one to my rotation but I took a step back after seeing what people are asking for them, Never having used one before I was a little hesitant at pulling the trigger on a few that I had found. That is when Outstanding B&B'er and all around Nice Guy @Hannah's Dad ask Me if I wanted to try His wonderful Razor
The razor came today just as USPS said that it would . It felt like Christmas , I have not been this excited to shave with a Razor for sometime
726701-c7d9da50302b4d1a141acda2d41c11f1.jpg

Is it Magic , Is it the best Razor ever made, Should I sell all of my other Razors (maybe some I have to Many ). Is it truly a Unicorn?
Over the next few days I will be putting Her up against some of my personal Favorite razors
both Vintage and Modern a like .
Today's shave was a Great shave I loaded her up with a brand new Med Prep and made some nice slick and fluffy lather and went to town .BBS all the way .
The entire shave I had this old song going through my head
726704-0fcba1a1b28be305989575b2b966927a.jpg

726705-466b6e80ad60f180cf0cffd601c25301.jpg

You probably have to be old like me to remember this song :)

Tomorrow I will do a more in depth Shave off report .

Attachments

• HT2.jpg
    HT2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 54
  • HT3.jpg
    HT3.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 53
  • HT4.jpg
    HT4.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 53

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Gadzooks! Now you will know!!!! Hope you love it like I'm loving your RFB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What a great post to kick off this thread, Steve! - I really look forward to your shave observations comparing to others. And you starting with a big one, comparing it to the RFB #44!

PS. Love the song
PPS. Oh yes, Dan is a true gentleman!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Hybrid Tech. A much sort after razor.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Good Day for a Shave,
So anyway poking around here on B&B I found some old posts that I forgot that I was apart of and
some of the history is talked about in these two threads
Raised Flat Bottom vs Tech/NEW Hybrid ?
Gillette Hybrid Tech - noticed variations (Warning: Pic heavy)
My intentions for this shave off is not to say to everyone that this is the Best Razor Gillette ever made or to tell anyone that they must get one or they are missing out on the perfect shave .
The Razors that I am using in this shave off are what I like for My Face :) as we are all different and have different Ideas of what is needed for your Face. What I look for in a Razor is it must be Efficient , Smooth and minimal Blade feel
I have been looking forward to this shave for sometime now. Since 2016 to be exact when I first read about the HT .
The look of both Razors involved are very similar . The RFB is open comb of course and The HT is a SB .
Comparing OC to a SB is looked at by some that the OC will be not as smooth because she has teeth .

Anyway The Shave .
The Vintage Gillette NEW Raised Flat Bottom (RFB) Open Comb Razor from the #44 set -Right side of my face
VS
The Vintage Gillette Raised Flat Bottom Tech or Hybrid Tech - Left side
Both razors loaded with a new Med Prep
Soap- Executive Man by Stirling
Brush - Synthetic Happy Sunshine :)
I did a 3 pass shave and really didn't need the third pass but I couldn't stop myself
as I was having just a Wonderful ,Lovely , Amazing shave. Had To Be BBS that is what I am after with every shave
and usually get , So these two better have done their job.
Both Razors preformed
supper smooth , close cutting with no real blade feel. The biggest difference was the handles
but that did not effect the shave for me at all.
The Winner of this shave off for me and my Face if I am being honest is Me.
For Me and My Face , I did not find any real difference between the two.
Your experience might be different or it could be the same . Both Really,Really Nice Razors .
Sundays Shave off will Be My D-1 Toggle vs The HT (they used to live together) :)
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190628185755059_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190628185613657_COVER.jpg
Shave off 2.jpg
Shave off4.jpg
Shave off5.jpg

Great comparison and write-up, Steve. And thanks for the great photos also - that lather looks niiiice :thumbup1:

I agree on all your findings, I love both shavers. But my personal preference at the end of the day are solid bars so the HT wins it for me. But the New RFB and the Aristocrat 1st generation are at the top 7 of my all-time list still, they are both awesome shavers. I use the RFB when I have a couple of days of stubble.

Keep the comparisons comin’, sir!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Great shave-off, Steve! Really liked the ‘winner is me’ part of it.

I’ll be eager to see who wins (if any) between the Toggle and the Tech.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Great comparison and write-up, Steve. And thanks for the great photos also - that lather looks niiiice :thumbup1:

I agree on all your findings, I love both shavers. But my personal preference at the end of the day are solid bars so the HT wins it for me. But the New RFB and the Aristocrat 1st generation are at the top 7 of my all-time list still, they are both awesome shavers. I use the RFB when I have a couple of days of stubble.

Keep the comparisons comin’, sir!

Thanks Peter :) I will be using some of Favorite Razors
D-1 Toggle is up Tomorrow
Timeless .68 Ti sb
Vintage Gillette 1934 Aristocrat
RR GC .68 SB

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Great shave-off, Steve! Really liked the ‘winner is me’ part of it.

I’ll be eager to see who wins (if any) between the Toggle and the Tech.

It was really that close for me Dan ,both amazing shavers .
I am going to use the adjustments on the Toggle just like I always do
I figure that is how I shave so fair or not the end result is what I am looking for

I'm so happy that you got a chance to try the Hybrid Tech.

It's not magic, it's just a razor. But for me, it's ALMOST magic. I also love the RFB New, but I suppose because of the safety bar, the Hybrid Tech is slightly smoother, and thus, for me, slightly preferable.

Both are FANTASTIC shavers, though. I love them both!

Top Bottom