What's new

Hyaluronic Acid Is Magic For My Post Shave Skin | It's A Game Changer

I've been using the HA for couple days and my skin's been doing fine so far. The smell of it reminds me of a facial serum that I tried before. So far, no breakouts and face is looking good. I think it's too early to judge but I'll see if it improves my skin over time.

Well, here we go. I'll give this a try tonight.

IMG_6415.jpg

Last edited:
Here's what I found
Instructions
  1. Mix 1/8 teaspoon of hyaluronic acid powder into 2 ounces of distilled water or rose water.
  2. Shake the ingredients together vigorously so the powder dissolves properly.
  3. Now, add 1-4 drops of pure therapeutic essentials (I used 2 drops of Neroli).
  4. Use this serum daily on your face and neck area.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Mine has arrived and it is a clear liquid a bit like Thayers in appearance and consistency. For some reason I was expecting more of a gel like material. Anyway, I will give it a try for a few weeks and report back.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve been skipping the HA recently and either using a balm that contains grapeseed oil (and a huckabucka other ingredients) or grapeseed oil over my witch hazel and aloe lotion. Used to feel a difference when I missed a hyaluronic acid treatment and now I don’t. Plus, I smell like deep fried food with the oil or butter with the balm, so it’s an improvement over hyaluronic acid and moisturizer for me in every way.

Next up will be trying hyaluronic acid with grapeseed oil.

My HA arrived a few hours ago.
I got a bottle of the same brand used by the OP.

I just shaved and applied it for the first time, and indeed, my skin has never felt better afterwards.

It just feels perfectly refreshed and hydrated. Usually my aftershave balm leaves my skin feeling a bit oily, this is not at all the case with this stuff.

Thanks to the OP for this post, otherwise I probably would never have tried this.

I got 15 grams of the pure powder as well, which I'll use to make my own serum according to a recipe like the one posted a bit above.

I'll be curious to see if it's as good as the ready made stuff, as it is quite a bit more cheap this way in the long run.

Will post back once I've tried that out :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Mine has arrived and it is a clear liquid a bit like Thayers in appearance and consistency. For some reason I was expecting more of a gel like material. Anyway, I will give it a try for a few weeks and report back.

Mine (see OP) is definitely a gel. I think it's supposed to be a gel if the strength is as high as I was told it should be.

It probably helps in any strength I'd guess. I'm no expert. I merely listened to an expert.

Happy shaves,

Jim

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Mine (see OP) is definitely a gel. I think it's supposed to be a gel if the strength is as high as I was told it should be.

It probably helps in any strength I'd guess. I'm no expert. I merely listened to an expert.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I have done some more investigation and returned the product in question which was from the bay. I have another on the way from Amazon which looks to be better and is a reputable brand. The product in the OP does not seem to be readily available in the UK and I do not believe that it and many others contain 100% HA. I suspect instead carefully worded sales patter, and a 2% solution of "100% pure hyaluronic acid" seems more likely to me. From what I have read even a 50% HA product is almost impossible and would be so thick it would be unusable. I do not really know for sure, nor do I care that much about percentages, it is the results that count. 👍

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have done some more investigation and returned the product in question which was from the bay. I have another on the way from Amazon which looks to be better and is a reputable brand. The product in the OP does not seem to be readily available in the UK and I do not believe that it and many others contain 100% HA. I suspect instead carefully worded sales patter, and a 2% solution of "100% pure hyaluronic acid" seems more likely to me. From what I have read even a 50% HA product is almost impossible and would be so thick it would be unusable. I do not really know for sure, nor do I care that much about percentages, it is the results that count. 👍

According to my expert, Frank, and my memory of what he told me, 2% is about the max than can be successfully used. So 100% pure means nothing but HA and a solvent.

I agree they could be much more clear in the descriptions.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just started using it regularly...same brand as the one shown in the OP's pictures. It does seem to make my face feel a bit tighter and healthier. If it wasn't for my mostly white goatee, I would have a baby face...have always had a young-looking face. Hoping it'll keep me looking a bit younger.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just started using it regularly...same brand as the one shown in the OP's pictures. It does seem to make my face feel a bit tighter and healthier. If it wasn't for my mostly white goatee, I would have a baby face...have always had a young-looking face. Hoping it'll keep me looking a bit younger.

I've added to my regimen and am now using after the HA my old favorite Cremo Face Moisturizer. I let the HA dry some and then apply the Cremo. The tightness is gone but my skin looks and feels great. I even get some compliments from ladies (at my age that's amazing).

HyaluronicAcid.Cremo.BayRum.480.8-22-20.JPG

Lovely splash BTW.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I bought a couple small bottles of the OP variety. I use one in one bathroom in the morning when I shave, and another in a different bathroom before I go to bed. When I got those blue bottles I thought "kinda small" but now every day I think "STILL? How can there still be anything in this bottle?!" I bought some of The Ordinary version to try if these mysterious blue bottles ever empty.

So for those who have been trying this for a bit, do you prefer AS splash and then apply HA, or HA and then a splash?

Top Bottom