What's new

Hyaluronic Acid Is Magic For My Post Shave Skin | It's A Game Changer

This is really interesting, I would love to try it as well.

Is there a big difference in quality between various brands?
I found one by SenAllis on Amazon that says it is "pure organic hyarulonic acid" and is nearly 3 times cheaper than the brand shown in the OP.

Just want to make sure I don't buy an inferior product or something..

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This is really interesting, I would love to try it as well.

Is there a big difference in quality between various brands?
I found one by SenAllis on Amazon that says it is "pure organic hyarulonic acid" and is nearly 3 times cheaper than the brand shown in the OP.

Just want to make sure I don't buy an inferior product or something..

I've only used the one brand. The small bottle lasts a good while so it's cheap enough. If it cost three times as much I'd still buy it because it just works great for me (I may have mentioned how much I like it earlier).

Happy shaves,

Jim

I started using it awhile back and the Mrs commented that my skin looked better and it actually does, I only using 2-4 drops once a day now but originally was using it twice a day but now she uses it so I have an 8 ounce bottle coming

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've only used the one brand. The small bottle lasts a good while so it's cheap enough. If it cost three times as much I'd still buy it because it just works great for me (I may have mentioned how much I like it earlier).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hyaluronic Acid is great stuff! Been using it daily as a post-shave balm with excellent results. My Lovely Bride also uses it daily as a moisturizer - also with great results.

Thank you Jim - @Chan Eil Whiskers - for the recommendation. 👍

Regarding the cheaper brands: check the % of H.A. and also check where it's made. Personally, I spend the few pennies per use more to get a quality product.

YMMV

I didn't read all 6 pages of the thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned. For those that enjoy GD products, there appears to be a HA hydrating gel in the works that is "Coming Soon".

Ingredients: Water, Sodium PCA, Hyaluronic Acid, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
After reading this thread with interest, I went on the makeup forums and researched HA.

Apparently you have to use moisturizer afterwards or it can actually hurt your skin

Banayan explains the hyaluronic acid needs to be combined with a water-loving lipid to truly hydrate the skin. If not applied in conjunction, the hyaluronic acid could actually be drying out your skin. Hyaluronic acid works by drawing moisture into the skin through its water-attracting (humectant) properties. But without a layer of moisturizer on top to act as a barrier (especially if your skin is already dry or you're in a climate with low humidity), the hyaluronic acid can actually draw moisture from your skin—hence the subsequent tightness.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
After reading this thread with interest, I went on the makeup forums and researched HA.

Apparently you have to use moisturizer afterwards or it can actually hurt your skin

Banayan explains the hyaluronic acid needs to be combined with a water-loving lipid to truly hydrate the skin. If not applied in conjunction, the hyaluronic acid could actually be drying out your skin. Hyaluronic acid works by drawing moisture into the skin through its water-attracting (humectant) properties. But without a layer of moisturizer on top to act as a barrier (especially if your skin is already dry or you're in a climate with low humidity), the hyaluronic acid can actually draw moisture from your skin—hence the subsequent tightness.

Interesting.

I know for sure my skin has been far better overall using HA and far less dry. However, I do occasionally notice a slight feeling of tightness; not often but occasionally.

I always apply it to damp but not wet skin. I almost never use a moisturizer after HA. The air is humid where I am. I will consider trying a moisturizer afterwards to see if the results are even better.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Anybody got any idea where you can get hyaluronic acid in the UK?

Usual friendly search engine not that friendly on this occasion
Thanks

Top Bottom