What's new

Huzzah for Pasteur!

Just placed my first order with Pasteur for 100g of shave soap (like I needed more LOL). A really nice deal in their Sale category and the last one in stock. And of course they offer free shipping.
I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived to me in NC on Thursday. WOW!
However, they sent me the wrong item. I looked at their help page which said Sale items are final, but it also said if "...the wrong item was shipped to you, you will not be responsible for return shipping charges". So I contacted Customer Service via chat and asked about an exchange. An agent contacted me (via email), apologized, and simply gave me a refund. WOWx2!
You just don't see Customer Service like this often anymore. My job involves a ton of customer service, so I appreciate it all the more when I'm spending my hard earned buckage.
They just earned another loyal customer for sure!

Last edited:
A few months ago I received my Pasteurs order in the mail and the box as well as the bag inside had obviously been opened and was completely empty. Since it had only been in possession of the post office I can only assume that someone with the post office stole the contents.

Long story short I contacted Pasteurs and they immediately reshipped my order without any questions.

It made me happy of course. They fixed a problem that was not their fault.

Weird thing with Pasteurs is 2 times I ordered from them once recently in July and the time before that in November. Both times I never received order confirmation or shipping notifications. They both arrived but weird they never emailed me any order confirmation at all. I called them this time and they found my order by my email and didn’t have any explanation why i never received any emails from them. That’s my only gripe about them. Other than that everything is great

Weird thing with Pasteurs is 2 times I ordered from them once recently in July and the time before that in November. Both times I never received order confirmation or shipping notifications. They both arrived but weird they never emailed me any order confirmation at all. I called them this time and they found my order by my email and didn’t have any explanation why i never received any emails from them. That’s my only gripe about them. Other than that everything is great
Did you create an account on their website? I was able to track my orders from there.

Did you create an account on their website? I was able to track my orders from there.
I never had an order number since i never received an email order confirmation. Probably did guest checkout, but still should get some sort of order confirmation after giving my email address. I paid via PayPal and on the PayPal transaction there was an order ID, but that didn’t work as far as an order number on Pasteurs website

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I never use my cell phone for ordering online

I put my cell number in the shipping info (in case the delivery people needed better info or the pharmacy had to call to see if replacing my $18 order with the full line of MdC soaps was okay or whatever) and they texted my shipping updates.

Rare case when I won’t say “and so can you” as texted your updates to me will help no one.

I never had an order number since i never received an email order confirmation. Probably did guest checkout, but still should get some sort of order confirmation after giving my email address. I paid via PayPal and on the PayPal transaction there was an order ID, but that didn’t work as far as an order number on Pasteurs website
The order page looks like this. I could track the orders from here.

1657916774494.png

The biggest issue I had with the Pasteur website was the google captchas. It seems you might have to delete cookies or use an incognito window sometimes because of a problem with caching old info. They told me they were working on fixing that.

The absolute best mail order shaving supply company hands down. Best selection, pricing, fast free shipping. My highest recomendation. I gave up even visiting other sites. For me it's Pastuer or nothing.

Pasteur is hands down #1
Free shipping on any amount purchased, no tax (at least here in Florida), $5 off coupons off the next order everytime you review what you bought (after a few days they send you the link to review), 15% coupons randomly sent, huge selection, great prices, items get shipped on the same day and fantastic customer service.
I can go on and on...
This is how you run a business and keep people coming back!!
I've placed 4 different razor orders from them in the last couple of weeks.
They're the best!

Dumb question: Did you check your spam folder?

Dumb question: Did you check your spam folder?
Yes I did both. I gave the customer service rep both of my emails and he couldn’t find my order. Then he went looking at ALL orders placed on that day one by one, searching for the amount of my order and found the actual order. He didn’t have any explanation as to why I never received any order or shipping confirmation for this order or the one back in November.

Last edited:
I've had some great experiences with Pasteur's as well. Only had to replace one soap, but it was like above: immediate, no questions asked, and very apologetic. They definitely take customer service seriously. I appreciate that, for sure.

Their processing and shipping time is good, imo. Additionally, they have been ramping up their game and doing a lot of exclusive collaboration soaps. They are definitely invested in the hobby. 👍

Huge fan of Pasteurs. They have a great selection of products and I almost can always get something my wife likes (bubble bath, etc ) in my order as well.
Great service and they have earned my business.

Top Bottom