What's new

Hurry Up Spring Sale - Shavemac Brushes Plus

Our "Hurry Up Spring Sale" starts today with a number of Shavemac Silvertip brushes reduced 20 to 25% off our regular prices. Also on sale is our well reviewed Vintage Blades Brand Triple-Milled Shaving Soap, available in both the 100g. refill and in a beautiful wood bowl. These items can be seen HERE.

In addition, we have introduced a number of new Straight Razor Sets to the store this month, which include all the necessities for the newcomer to straight razor shaving. However, many have asked that we offer a set with just the minimal equipment necessary - a straight razor and a razor strop. Well, now we have. Our Basic Straight Razor Set includes a professionally honed Dovo "Best Quality" 5/8" straight razor (Full hollow ground) and a Vintage Blades Brand 2" Wide Red Latigo razor strop. An upgrade to a 6/8" blade and to our 3" Latigo strop is available at an extra charge. For the month of March, this set is being offered at $10 off the regular price. It can bee seen HERE.

Last edited:
Man I wish this deal would have been out a week ago. I would have purchased one of the shavemacs because I just bought a d01 21mm but I probably would have rather have purchased a 25mm silvertip for $99 and save $17.

Just to let you know that we have added the following to our "Hurry Up Spring Sale":

o Three (3) Shavemac brushes in Finest grade in the 23mm knot (24% off)

o An additional Shavemac brush in Silvertip in the 23mm knot (22% off)

o D.R. Harris Shaving Soap in both refills and in the Mahogany bowls

o D.R. Harris Shaving Creams

o Gold-Dachs Triple-Milled Shaving Soap in the 2-Packs.

Please visit our website HERE for complete information.

In response to several inquiries, the following information is offered:

o We ship only to addresses within the United States. We have stopped shipping to Canada as of March 1st.

o We cannot ship to PO Boxes.

o All shipments will be made by UPS Ground Service.

o During our "Hurry Up Spring" Sale, orders of $100.00 and up get FREE SHIPPING. Orders under $100.00 ship for a flat fee of $8.50.

D.R. Harris on sale and free shipping! This just keeps getting better. Needless to say, I gave in and placed an order. :thumbup1:

D.R. Harris on sale and free shipping! This just keeps getting better. Needless to say, I gave in and placed an order. :thumbup1:

Shipping isn't free. Orders of $100.00 and up get FREE SHIPPING

Sorry I don't mean to correct you but when I saw your post I was thinking to myself, man I may get something now. But reading above seeing shipping almost $9 I changed my mind. IMHO shipping should be a flat rate of $5 tops.

Our Hurry Up Spring Sale is scheduled to continue through the end of March. We also just added an assortment of Vulfix shaving brushes to the lineup.

As for our "Free Shipping" offer, I do think it was clearly stated in my post that it was for orders of $100.00 and up. While not attempting to defend our flat rate of $8.50 for shipping by UPS Ground Service for orders under $100.00, I can assure that this is by no means a profit center for us. We have elected to use UPS exclusively for our shipping because they provide us with the most efficient and reliable service of all the carriers that we have used in our years of operation (and we have tried them all).

As with all purchase that you make, you have to factor the "total cost" of that purchase into the purchase decision. When I shop online, I always shop with reliable vendors who use reliable carriers. When you shop with us, you receive an email from UPS on the day your order ships (usually the same day your order was placed) with a tracking number for your order. What does it "cost" you over and above what your invoice shows when you shop? I think that's a fair question to ask. Perhaps it does not matter to some. To me it does.

For my 5 cents, your flat shipping rate is fair. I stay away from vendors that want to make another $7 or so on a package when you know that shipping and materials cost them half of their stated shipping cost.
Of course I prefer free shipping; we all want something for nothing. When I can find it, I take advantage of it. There are even vendors who provide free shipping regardless of order value...indeed a rare find.
Larry

Our Hurry Up Spring Sale is scheduled to continue through the end of March. We also just added an assortment of Vulfix shaving brushes to the lineup.

As for our "Free Shipping" offer, I do think it was clearly stated in my post that it was for orders of $100.00 and up. While not attempting to defend our flat rate of $8.50 for shipping by UPS Ground Service for orders under $100.00, I can assure that this is by no means a profit center for us. We have elected to use UPS exclusively for our shipping because they provide us with the most efficient and reliable service of all the carriers that we have used in our years of operation (and we have tried them all).

As with all purchase that you make, you have to factor the "total cost" of that purchase into the purchase decision. When I shop online, I always shop with reliable vendors who use reliable carriers. When you shop with us, you receive an email from UPS on the day your order ships (usually the same day your order was placed) with a tracking number for your order. What does it "cost" you over and above what your invoice shows when you shop? I think that's a fair question to ask. Perhaps it does not matter to some. To me it does.

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to act like you are charging more than you should for shipping and trying to make a profit. I know that you have great products with awesome prices. You are right about total cost. For example a website can have free shipping on say a brush that Vintageblades sells for $10 less so in reality total cost would be cheaper with you guys.

I guess I am one of those guys that always wants something for free :smile:

Keep up the great work and keep those sales coming!!!!

The D.R. Harris Colognes and Aftershaves have been added to our list of ITEMS ON SALE. Please take particular note of the special pricing on the 150ml sizes of the Pink After Shave and the After Shaving Milk.

Top Bottom