What's new

Hurricanes to go full Whalers

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hartford Whalers Logo.png
The Whalers are back!! :thumbsup:

Cristina Ledra - NHL.com Staff Writer - 27 Sept 18

"The Carolina Hurricanes are making a big splash this season with a familiar throwback.

The team announced Thursday that they'll be wearing Hartford Whalers uniforms for two games this season, including a Whalers Night on Sunday, Dec. 23 [2018] against the Boston Bruins.

The Whalers wore the green getups from 1985-89 and 1990-91.

proxy.php

"We're proud of the history and traditions that we've built in 21 years in North Carolina. But we've never thrown away the records established during this franchise's 18 NHL seasons in Connecticut," Hurricanes President and General Manager Don Waddell told the Hurricanes' website. "This is a chance to celebrate our team's heritage and the players and coaches who laid the groundwork for this franchise."

The Hurricanes will wear the Whalers uniforms again on March 5 [2019] when they play in Boston".

Works Cited: Carolina will wear Hartford Whalers jerseys for 2 NHL games.

proxy.php
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth!! NHL Official Slogan

I have no idea whether that's the Hurricane captain or a model modelling the uniform but that's a towering hockey stick, i'm leaning towards model.
dave

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Trivia: of all the current and former members of the Hurricane/Whalers team, which player has scored the most points in the NHL through his total career?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have no idea whether that's the Hurricane captain or a model modelling the uniform but that's a towering hockey stick, i'm leaning towards model.
dave
Dave:
No model...it's Canes captain Justin Williams.
Hartford Whalers Logo - 1.png

Hartford Whalers Logo.png
“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth!! NHL Official Slogan

Last edited:
The local ECHL team is an affiliate of the Hurricanes. The Florida Everblades in Estero, FL, use the same uniform colors as the Whalers.

Top Bottom